8 - Bossy

8 – Bossy

We ran. Fast.

Well, as fast as my legs could go.

Braddon still had a hold on my wrist as he dragged me behind him. He suddenly pulled his phone out of his pocket and placed it to his ear.

"Hello, you've reached the most beautiful mother in the world. Oh wait, that's you!" Braddon greeted whom I hear is his mother. A muffled voice boomed through his speaker, so loud that Braddon removed the phone from his ear.

"Principal M said that? No! He loves me! We're practically besties," he spoke sarcastically, his breath a little raspy due to running. His sarcasm caught me so off guard that I tripped over my feet, causing Braddon to look over his shoulder at me. I sent a wave, signaling I'm okay, and he turned back around.

"Mmhm, I'd love to finish this conversation, Mom, but I have to run," he said, funnily telling the truth. "I love you the most!" he yelled into the phone before placing it back in his pocket.

"Where...exactly...are we...going?" I asked through my breaths.

"We're almost there," he huffed, still pulling me along the street of a neighborhood. He, again, pulled his phone from his pocket and placed it to his ear. "Hey, bro!" Braddon answered, his voice tired.

There was a pause before Braddon spoke again.

"Oh, um...just...jogging," Braddon breathed, telling the truth yet again. Wow, if I were apart of his personal life, I would never be able to tell if he was telling the truth or not.

My feet began to hurt as Braddon shows no sign of slowing down. I grimace at his hand attached to my wrist still. I tried yanking it from his grasp, but he just holds on tighter.

"Yeah, I jog," Braddon defended himself to whomever he was talking to. I noticed his voice now sounds breathless. Good, he's getting tired now. Maybe he'll slow down and we can walk. I felt my legs buckle under me, and I stumbled yet again. Okay, I can't go any further.

"Braddon, slow down! I can't go on anymore," I yelled at him through my pained legs. Yeah, cardio is my one and only enemy. He turned to me as he noticed be started to pull the opposite direction of where he's going.

"What—hey! Don't stop now! Move your ass! I'm almost there!" he yelled at me, not bothering with talking on the phone anymore.

"I can't! I'm too tired," I defended myself as I began to halt, which in turn, caused him to as well. Braddon huffed and looked at me in disappointment. I plopped down on the curb of the sidewalk.

"You're so pathetic," Braddon scolded me. "I was almost there. You can't keep up for ten minutes without getting tired," he mocked, frustration in his voice. I placed my elbows on my knees and remembered my breathing. In, out, in...out...this will definitely count as my work out for the month.

"Well, everything happens for a reason. Maybe it wasn't meant for you to get there, at least not with me," I tried explaining to him. He listened to whatever was being said in the phone connected to his hear.

"Wait, Jared!" he yelled into the phone. He groaned in aggravation. "Great. Just...fantastic," he muttered as he placed the phone into his pocket for the second time in twenty minutes. I placed my hand above my eyes, creating shade for my eyes as I looked up to him. Braddon looked around before his eyes landed on me again.

"What were you thinking just standing there while that man came out?" he finally asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. I was frozen with fear, I guess," I answered lamely.