05

Beau was an honest person, some would say rude and blunt but that was just the way he was, he was frank and only really told little white lies to those he cared about. Take Klaus for example, Beau had assured him many times he would keep him safe from the nightmares and the ghosts and the darkness but he never could because that wasn't his power and it wasn't his problem. Okay, sure, Beau could be selfish and cold but that was just the armour-like facade he had developed after years of torment and illness.

Now, Klaus was worse than before, an addict. He depended on drugs and alcohol before but now it was a lifeline, something he needed or he would shrivel up and die of fear and pain. Beau couldn't protect him from that.

But maybe his presence was enough sometimes because as Klaus dragged him into the kitchen and sat him on the table, while he sat on top of the table, Klaus grinned genuinely and didn't bother touching the flask in his pocket. Beau let out a huff-like chuckle and returned the grin with a smile, happy to just see the boy turned adult again.

Beau eyed the guitar in Klaus' hands with amusement, "Where the hell did you get that?"

Klaus looked down at the instrument, "Oh, this old thing? Found it in Diego's room, think he wanted to be a rockstar." He whispered towards the end as if they were two school kids passing rumours and gossip.

"Diego? Really?"

Klaus hummed enthusiastically, "Oh yeah, the guy loved attention, although not as much as our dear Luther."

"Yes, I don't think anyone was as attention-craving as that one." Beau chuckled.

Klaus pointed dramatically, "Some would say attention whore, no?"

"What are you two talking about?" Five entered the room, looking quite determined to find something within the cupboard he was glaring at. 

Klaus and Beau shared a quick look.

"Just talking about my favourite flower." Klaus grinned, receiving a deadpanned look from both of the occupants in the room.

Five frowned, "A flower?"

"Yeah," Klaus nodded, "My little Rosie."

Beau scoffed, "Yours?"

"She loves me." Klaus shrugged, continuing to strum on the guitar. He was pretty much ignored after that, Beau rolling his eyes and Five searching for something in the cupboards. It was clear something was irritating the shorter one. Klaus side-eyed Beau, "You think he's jealous?" He whispered.

Beau furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "Why the hell would he be jealous?" He whispered back.

"Well, he did kiss you before he left, right?" Klaus suddenly gasped, "Maybe he was in love with you." Five looked their way for a moment, frowning at them before he turned back with a shake of his head.

Beau scoffed, "We were fifteen, Klaus."

"Hey, love knows no age."

Allison then entered the room, eyeing each of the people, "Where's Vanya?" She questioned, probably having searched half of the house for her sister.

Klaus perked up from his spot on top of the table, strumming a note on his new guitar, "Oh, she's gone."

"That's unfortunate," Five said.

"Yeah."

"An entire square block. Forty-two bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee." Five huffed in disappointment.

"Dad hated caffeine," Allison spoke as if it were obvious, which was true because that man really did dislike coffee.

"Well, he hated children, too, and he had plenty of us." Klaus laughed loudly which had Beau chuckling before he could hold it in. This caused attention to turn to him, though completely ignoring the other male seeing as he made jokes like those all the time.