09

Lying was never a difficult thing for Beau to do, he often lacked guilt and he was able to easily control his expression for the most part. Beau was able to lie to even the people he cared for the most and he knew that would be wrong if it wasn't for the fact he usually did it to protect them from the truth. Like when he used to tell Klaus he would protect him from those ghosts in his nightmares, how he had to promise the boy before he even closed his eyes to fall back asleep, and yet Beau knew he couldn't do it for one reason or another. Or when he told the others he would never hurt them, utter a single word to them in order to cause harm, because Beau knew he could quite possibly snap and throw a fist in their direction or yell something that could bring them to tears. Beau knew that and yet he still promised and for some reason, most of them believed him, some would definitely call that a toxic relationship.

So Beau had no trouble walking into some type of factory with an arm around his fake male partner and a hand on the shoulder of his fake stepson - and although it felt unusual Beau's expression remained stoic. Five didn't seem to like it either as he shifted from one foot to the other, peering up at a much much taller Beau with a deep frown. Klaus, on the other hand, had a big grin on his face, obviously loving his fake son's reaction to the situation.

Beau was just wondering why he, of all people, had to be dragged along to save the world from an inevitable apocalypse. Sure it was a terrible thing to have happen but there were still upsides and for once Beau wanted to be selfish - although this was something beyond selfishness, this was world annihilation. But Five hated Beau, of course he did, why else would he have treated him so horribly all those years? And yes, he did kiss him right before he disappeared but Beau just interpreted that as Five being confused. After the apology and Beau's 'depressive episode' he probably just got a little confused and mixed a few things up in his mind. Well, due to their childhoods it was easy to see where Five may have gotten a little off track with their forming friendship - which never blossomed.

Beau felt as though Five was trying to force something, or possibly thought he was trying to get something back to the way it was when it never was there in the first place. And as his dark eyes found the gaze of those green shining jewels, Beau knew there was something else behind them and it wasn't anything Beau wanted to use his power to find out because this was something Five obviously held dear and if Beau just ripped that away from him what else would he have left to tether himself to him?

Klaus now gripped onto Beau's hand with one of his lazy grins taking over as they sat down in front of a man that seemed to be running the factory. He eyed their contact and the younger appearing boy standing between his apparent fathers and he didn't seem too happy.

"Like I said to your son earlier," The man spoke calmly making Beau sneer at the term he used, "Any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you." He professionally spoke and it was clear he was uncomfortable as his gaze never once turned in the direction of Beau and his piercing glare. It made Klaus snicker slightly.

Five scoffed at the man's incompetence in his need to get information, "Well, we can't get consent if you don't give us a name." The hand on the back of Beau's chair tightened its grip in aggravation while Klaus and Beau simply stared at the man silently.

"Well, that's not my problem. Sorry. Now, there's really nothing more I can do, so-"

"And what about our consent?" Klaus interrupted suddenly motioning to himself and Beau sitting next to him. All three other occupants of the room eyed the man with confusion.

"Excuse me?" The man spoke.

"Who gave you permission... to lay your hands..." Klaus' voice shook in fake fear and outrage, "On our son?"