20

So no one really kept their promises when it came to Beau, that much he could admit so why didn't Five feel the need to rub it in his face? Sure, he had to get down to business and talk about the information he had returned with but he never once looked at Beau with a smug expression or a smirk or even a raised eyebrow. There was nothing but quick glances to show Beau was still standing nearby and that he was there as well. Was he supposed to understand what his eyes were trying to convey? Did Beau even want to know?

Beau could tell Rosie knew because she gave him those soft knowing smiles as she squeezed his hand with reassurance, whatever that meant Beau was supposed to figure out. He hated feeling uncertain about something and, of course, it had to do with himself.

Beau was soon dragged along by Rosie and Allison who were quietly muttering about Allison's daughter and how adorable she was while Diego and Five walked ahead towards a car parked outside. Beau hadn't been listening so he didn't really have an idea as to where they were going but he did wonder where Klaus had gone off to and why Luther was staying behind, probably something to do with the moon.

"Darling, are you listening?" Rosie turned to her husband as she sat between him and Allison in the backseat of the car. The vehicle was silent as all eyes were suddenly on him.

Beau frowned, "No." He answered bluntly.

Rosie rolled her eyes with that fond grin of hers, "Diego asked if you had any idea who this Harold Jenkins is."

"Why would I know him?" Beau carelessly questioned, not quite understanding why he was being asked the particular question when it was clear none of them did.

Diego, from the driver's seat, shrugged, "I don't know, you just seem quiet."

Beau gave a small grimace of a smile, almost condescending, "Maybe I just have a lot on my mind." And he did, it wasn't like he ever really cared about saving the world, he was just along for the ride so it wasn't his first priority.

The vehicle retreated back into silence until they made it to their destination and Diego parked suspiciously outside the building. Beau guessed they were getting some information on Jenkins but who was he to care?

"I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record. We gotta get our hands on this file." Diego decided to take charge, not quite understanding the idea of teamwork but this was his chance to feel special so Beau didn't bother ruining his fun just yet.

"And your plan is to what?" Allison was the one to question her brother's plan, however, "Waltz in there and just ask for it?"

"I know the stationlike the back of my hand, sis. I've spent a lot of time inside."

"Handcuffed."

"Whatever. Here's the plan."

"Plan?" Five almost scoffed at the thought, "I'm just gonna blink in and get the file."

"No, that's not... You don't know the ins and outs of this place, okay?"

Beau sighed, his head falling back to lay against his seat, "You know, this would all go a lot quicker if Five did use his little power or, better yet," He ignored each stare being sent his way as he gazed out the window, "I head in there as someone else." Beau returned Diego's glare with a blank stare, "Hell, even Allison would be a better option, considering she can compel people to do what she wants."

Diego only rolled his eyes, "Listen to me. None of you are going in there. I made a call. That's what a leader does. He leads."

Empowering speech seeing as it was a load of bullshit but no one said anything as they all hopped out of the vehicle to stand outside of the building, for... whatever reason other than for Allison to call Vanya and tell her she was sorry and guilty for what happened.