Chapter 0.4

–your P

–your P.O.V

Oh, chapter started. Ahem.

Lumine, Paimon and Diluc had arrived back at the tavern along with The fake Lyre.

Though, I did feel bad for lying, so I did what was right.

I sneakily snapped my fingers just to switch the fake lyre with the real one, and once the real one was in their hand.

I destroyed the Fake Lyre with the help of Akemi.

"Welcome back!" Venti greeted with a bright smile, I even have to shield my eyes with how bright he was.

He then look at the Lyre in Lumine's hand and his smile widen even more, gosh, this bard needs to try and contain his brightness, it's hurting my eyes.

"Ah, this is the Holy Lyre! You managed to retrieve it!" He take a hold of the Lyre and began admiring it.

"The pattern of flowing wind carved on the rosewood... and the strings still feel cool to the touch too. Oh, the memories..." He hugged it close to him, afraid he'll loose it one more time.

Jean then asked Venti if he could summon Dvalin.

"Although this lyre is the real thing, I doubt that it's going to work. As you can see, the lyre has been through a thousand years of history. Its Anemo power has run dry. In this condition, you couldn't play music fit for even Diluc's tavern with it..."

Diluc was offended, "Bards fight to get on the stage of my tavern. Don't make assumptions!" He huffed.

I deadpan while Paimon began scolding them, "Is that really important right now, Master Diluc!?"

She then face Venti and yelled, "And you – did you just borrow the Holy Lyre to play music for drunkards to hear?"

"Ehe~"

"EhE tE nAnDaYo!??"

I giggled and patted Paimon's hair, trying to ease her nerves and seems like it was slightly working.

Venti then lightly cough from behind his fist, "anyway, we won't be able to call Dvalin with it. The lyre itself is fine, but the strings..." He paused before looking at Lumine.

"You're up, Outlander!"

"I don't know how to fix instruments." I snorted and patted her shoulder.

"Don't worry, the lyre is not broken. What he meant is for you to use Dvalin's tears on the lyre."

"Yes, that's correct!"

Lumine nodded her head and used the tears on the lyre. The lyre glowed teal and everyone watched in awe.

"This youthful glow..." Jean said.

Paimon scoff and turned her head towards the acting grandmaster, "praising yourself? Really?" I giggled and pulled the fairy close to me.

"Relax~ she's talking about the Lyre."

"Thanks to Lumine having purified the crystal, the Holy Lyre won't continue to lose power. That said, its power is far from replenished. It'd be great if we could get more tears." Talking about tears, I remember I had already gather all of 'em.

"There's no need to that, because I simply already gather them all." I cheekily grin, ignoring Paimon's constant shouting while punching my head with her tiny hands.

".... I hate it when you're so quiet about something important." I shrugged my shoulders and took out all the tears, but it looks very.... Muddy.

"Oh... The color of these crystals looks... muddy. Dvalin... You're going through so much pain..."

".....Let's start purifying these crystals first. Please, Lumine." The said blondie nod her head and started purifying the crystal.

"It is hard to believe such a thing is possible, until you've seen it with your own eyes." Jean awed, looking at the purified tears.

"Interesting. It's like filtering wine. The process is... refreshing."

"I think we should have enough tears now. So next we–"

"Used the crystal on the Holy Lyre!" I cut him off by placing my hand on his mouth and not minding the muffled protes from teh said bard.

Lumine started using the crystal on the lyre, while I tried to dodge Venti's constant punch.

"Aww~ you missed~ are you too short to actually reach me?? How sad~" I teased, giving him a fake sympathetic face.

"Grrrr! I'll get you back for this!"

"I'd like to see you try, shorty~" I hum and used his head as an armrest.

"It worked!"

"It seems completely different from before." Jean said.

Venti then successfully remove my hand from his head, "The lyre's Anemo power seems fully restored. We should be able to use it now."

"It's all thanks to you, Lumine." I gave the bard a blank smile, he seriously won't thank me? When I'm literally the one who stole the lyre, get all three of the tears.

"..... I don't get paid enough for this."

"Now, where should we summon Stormterror? It must be away from the city, else there will be casualties should we fail. Perhaps here at the winery..." Jean stated, but Diluc seems to dislike the idea.

"... Why not Starsnacth cliff?" I asked, already tired with how long they're going to think.

"What do you think, bard? Meets the requirements, no?" Diluc asked Venti.

"Lemme think... Starsnatch Cliff...Alright, let's do it there." I sigh, more walking. Yeyy.....

"Do I really have to go?"

"Well, you don't have a choice!" I groaned.

============================

Yuh! I'm back baby!

My hand is still hurting, but it's getting better though.