Chapter Three

The trio had wound up in the past, the seventh year of the Marauders to be precise, almost a month and a half ago

The trio had wound up in the past, the seventh year of the Marauders to be precise, almost a month and a half ago. Rubina desperately wanted to help her godfather with his transformations, but was helpless, seeing it would blow their cover. She had felt terrible upon seeing a bloodied and exhausted Remus resting in the hospital wing. Putting up with the act, she had questioned him as to how he got injured, only to get lied to, and she had to let the matter go.

Apart from that, Rubina couldn't be happier. She finally had some girl best friends (apart from Hermione, of course) including Alice Fortesue, who she had met later that same day they had arrived in the past. The five girls would laugh, gossip, argue well into the night, only to be pushed out of bed by Lily, early the next day.

The twins were blending in perfectly with the Marauders as well, but even the quartet couldn't decipher who had mysteriously pranked them. The prank was a bucket full of paint, levitated by the twins and Rubina, and they'd managed to get away with it. ("I'll kill whoever messed up my hair!" "Shut up, Padfoot, your hair isn't the only thing covered in paint!" "Says the person who carries a nest for hair!" "You two, SHUT UP!")

Hallowe'en was fast approaching, and a Masquerade Ball was to be held for fifth years and above, courtesy of Dumbledore. The five girls weren't the only ones with excitement coursing through their bodies. Nearly everyone was eagerly anticipating the ball, and the buzz within the castle simply wouldn't die down.

"What are you all wearing?' Lily asked one day as the girls walked towards their Potions class.

"No idea, Lils." Rubina replied.

"What?!" Lily halted in her tracks, causing the whole group to stop. "What do you by "no idea" ?"

"Well, I don't really have anything fancy to wear." Rubina shrugged.

"Oh, that," Lily rolled her eyes with a smile, "We'll help you with that, won't we ladies?" The rest nodded in agreement, bringing a smile on Rubina's face.

"Thanks."

Making their way to Slughorn's class, the girls split up to go sit with their partners. Fiona happily went to sit by Sirius, who pecked her on the lips, causing Rubina's heart to melt seeing her parents together. An annoyed Lily slumped into the seat besides James, whose face lit up upon seeing the red-head. Alice was paired with Remus, while Marlene was with Peter (much to Marlene's dismay, seeing Peter messes up a bunch).

Rubina, fortunately, was chosen as Fred's partner, leaving George stuck with a Slytherin. Luckily for him, she was a very kind person by the name of Catherine Edwards.

"Hey, Freddie." Rubina whispered, taking a seat beside the ginger.

"Hey, love, how was Care for Magical Creatures?" he asked whilst wrapping an arm around her waist.

"It was nice, although," she grinned, "I prefer Hagrid's classes better."

"Hagrid's?" Fred questioned. "But, aren't they, you know, boring?"