Chapter Seven

The next morning, Rubina asked the two ginger twins to stay behind, with the intention of filling them in on the happenings from the night before

Remus, on the other hand, told his friends to go on, and using James' invisibility cloak, he now stood away in a corner of the dormitory, his ears drawing in each word exchanged between the trio.

"I mean, Dad never mentioned Regulus' relation with Catherine, or even anyone else for that matter." Rubina was pacing, a frown cast upon her lips, while the twins sat on George's bed, their brows furrowed together, eyes trained on the pacing girl.

"Love, listen," said Fred softly, "there's probably a lot we don't know, and we can't do anything too drastic or it could meddle with time."

Time? Remus' mind was befuddled once again. What does he mean by time?

A sad and exasperated sigh escaped Rubina's lips.

"I really wish we could do something, I can't stand around like this knowing the fate that awaits my family."

These words merely threw Remus deeper into a whirlwind of confusion. Fred turned towards his twin.

"Also, it might not be such a good idea for you to be spending too much time around Catherine."

George's head snapped up so fast, he may have broken something, as he stared at his brother with wide eyes. "Why?"

Fred shook his head, knowing this would be hard for George, especially considering his feelings.

"It may alter the timeline. I mean, compared to the others, we didn't know anything about her, it might be best for you to at least lessen the time you spend with her."

They knew about us from before? That must mean they are Death Eaters, but... time? Maybe they're running out of time to complete a task they're sent to do?

George's face fell before anger coursed through his eyes, and without uttering another word to his best friends, he stood up real fast and stormed out of the dormitory.

"Poor George," said Rubina, shaking her head sadly, her gaze trained upon the doorway the ginger had vanished from moments before. "He really fancies her, huh?" She said, turning to look up at her boyfriend, whose gaze was also wavering where Rubina's was a few moments before.

"I'm afraid so." replied Fred grimly.

Meanwhile, Remus was frozen on his spot with shock.

George? His name is George! But then that definitely means I didn't hear wrong that night at the ball, but how can they be Weasleys and her a Black?

"Come on, Freddie. Let's go to breakfast, everyone will be waiting for us. George needs some time for this to sink in."

Fred nodded and followed his girlfriend out, making their way down to the Great Hall.