Chapter Six

"What happened?" Fred and Rubina asked at the same time when the door opened to the dormitory, revealing George

"What happened?" Fred and Rubina asked at the same time when the door opened to the dormitory, revealing George. With a cut on his lip from where blood was trickling down, to a bruise on his elbow, he slightly limped towards his bed, and sat down. The pair rushed towards him, concern etched onto their faces.

"Some Slytherin attacked me when I was with Catherine." He spat angrily.

"Who was he?" Fred questioned.

"Dunno." George shrugged, "but he had short black hair and maybe grey eyes. Come to think of it, he looked a lot like Sirius."

Rubina felt her whole body go numb, her face slowly losing its colour. She barely managed to utter out the words, "Where did he go?"

"Dunno, maybe headed towards the Astronomy Tower."

Just as George finished, Rubina hastily scrambled towards the door, slightly alarming the pair of twins.

"Where are you going?" asked Fred urgently.

"I'll be back, this is important." She stated back, before hurrying out of the dormitory and down the stairs. "That must've been uncle Regulus."

In her absent-minded muttering, Rubina failed to realise she passed by Remus, who caught onto the name "Regulus" only adding to his newfound suspicion.

Maybe they really are Death Eaters, because why else would she go after Regulus?

***

    "What do you mean, Regulus!"

    Climbing up the stairs to the Astronomy tower, voices reached Rubina's ears, which got louder and louder as she came to the top. Swiftly and silently, she tip-toed to the nearest pillar and hid behind it, while the two Slytherins argued.

    "You can't go and hang out with the Gryffindors so much!"

    The blazing fire in Catherine's blue eyes deepened

    "Oh now you take a sudden interest in my life!"

    Regulus' face flushed with guilt as his gaze landed on the ground. He shut his eyes and released a sigh.

    "I was trying to protect you-"

    "Protect me!" Catherine shrieked, and she grabbed the younger Black by the collar, shaking him roughly.

    "I-"

    "No, let me speak! All you've done over the past couple of months is push me and everyone else away!" Catherine's grip around his collar loosened before she let go, as tears streamed down her face. Regulus used his thumb to graze them away, his heart shattering even more than it already was.

    "I tried to talk to you countless times, and each time you ignored me! Now you attack one of my friends-"

    Regulus' gaze turned cold. "You don't know the way he looks at you-"