Invitation

I leave my room and go back into the living room where Richy was finally done with the phone.

"Hey, about time you finished. I was sure you were talking to another girl. Is it possible that you like someone more than me?"

"No reason to be jealous, it was just a customer asking about a car. She has been having the same issues so wanted to know what it could be and if she could bring it in."

"Do you have to go?"

"No no. I made plans with her for the weekend. I'm all yours right now."

"Okay good, I was starting to get a little jealous there hehe. Are you hungry? What do you say if I make us something to eat and we turn on a good comedy movie. God knows I could get my mind off all scary things."

"Sounds like a plan. I'll find a movie while you make us something to eat."

I go into the kitchen and decide to put something together from the stuff I had lying around in the refrigerator. As I was preparing the meal, I realized how much I actually missed cooking. It has always been one of my favorite things to do, even as a child. I was always prepared to help my mom around the kitchen whenever she needed help.

I find cooking relaxing, which I'm sure many people would not agree with me. I found the distraction of cooking quite nice at this time. I finally had something else on my mind besides Duskwood, the man without a face, Jake, Phil, my friends, and all the stress that came with it. Slowly, I prepare the meal and set it up on nice plates for Richy and I.

"Hey, did you find a movie you want us to watch? I'm done with the meal."

"I did, and good because I am starving!"

I bring the food to the living room and sit down next to him on the couch. Before we start the movie I get an idea.

"Richy, what do you think if we invite the rest of the group over to my house tomorrow? We can make food, watch movies, laugh and talk. We haven't had one good memory together since I got here. I want for all of us to get everything off our minds and just have a good time together. What do you say?"

"I think that's a great idea. I'm sure they would love it and would be very happy."

"Do you want to call them, or should I?"

"I'll do it and you can talk, you can surprise them."

He dials their numbers one by one starting from Jessy and working our way through the group. If you're wondering what I said in our call, it was; "Hey, if you are available tomorrow I would love for you to come over to my place to visit. I am having a small gathering for our group. Hope you can come. I'm looking forward to seeing you." I have had enough on my mind that it was time to take at least one day off to ourselves. I wanted to spend time with these amazing friends I had made without worrying about a single thing. Finally after being done with the calls, Richy and I get back to our movie and meal. 

The meal was a little cold, but we were really hungry so we didn't mind. We started to watch a movie he had picked out and I can honestly say that not even a few minutes into the movie, we were both laughing and making jokes. It was so nice to hear him laugh. It felt like it's been ages since I last heard him laugh. I love how caring, loving and nurturing Richy was but I loved seeing this silly and fun side of him. I enjoyed every single second of our day together. The things I once took for granted like someone's laugh, the way they smiled, and the excitement in someone's voice when they spoke about the things they loved. Now these things I was praying for.

I couldn't believe how fast time was flying by. The movie was almost over and we had spent the last two hours just laughing and having a great time together. Spending the day with Richy just made me so much more excited for tomorrow when I would be able to spend the day with the rest of my friends. Once we were finished with the movie I picked up our plates and washed them while Richy went to freshen up.