My Angel

As I saw Evan approaching me, he had his head down and I just knew it. I knew what he was about to say. Before he even made it to me, I fell to the ground and broke down. He ran to me, grabbed me as hard as he could and just kept telling me to breathe and that it was going to be okay. But it wasn't!!! Nothing was going to be okay. I had been lying and fooling myself to think that I could handle all this alone. I was an emotional, mental and physical mess. I didn't know what to do first or who to help.

My life has become an emotional rollercoaster. Just when I think everything is fine and going good, things take a turn for the worst. I get up off the floor and run into his room. They had taken out all of his machines, he wasn't connected to anything anymore. He was just there! Covered in blood, cold, pale as ice, and gone. "Noooooo Silas." I scream as I run to his body and lay my head on his chest and cry as hard as I could. "You can't be gone. This can't be happening!!! Please wake up. Silas wake up. PLEASE OPEN YOUR EYES."

I kept shaking him hoping that he would wake up and tell me to stop. I was hoping he would open his eyes and look at me just one more time. I wanted to hear his smile, I wanted for him to make fun of me, I wanted to hear him call my name just once more. But he didn't!!! As I stood there over his body, crying, I felt someone put their hand on my back and just stand there without saying a word. I knew it was Evan without even having to look! He just let me be there. He was there to comfort me but didn't do anything to take my attention away from Silas. I stood there crying, begging him to come back, to open his eyes. I knew he was gone, but I didn't want to accept it. He couldn't have been gone, not like this.

He had his whole life ahead of him and someone just came and took it all right away from him within a split second. The part that hurt me the most was that the bullet that hit Silas, was meant to be for me. He jumped in front of me and pushed me against the wall to protect me. He died trying to save my life! Now he was gone, and I would never get the chance to see him, talk to him, or tell him how thankful I was. It was at this moment I realized that my life was actually never going to be the same, ever again. Not only because Silas was gone, but because I realized that I was never going to be able to get my friendship back with Richy, I was never going to be able to look at Phil the same without thinking of that night, I was never going to be able to save my friends from the man without a face, and I was never going to get Jake out of jail in time. Not before it was all too late for everything.

"Hey, let me get you out of here. You've been here long enough, there is nothing else you can do."

"I don't want to leave. Plus I have nowhere to go."

"You have nowhere to go?"

"I'm not from Erstonia. I was just visiting. I can't go back to the motel I was at. That's where..."

I broke down crying again!!! I couldn't go back there, I couldn't face walking into that lobby and knowing he was never going to be there again. I couldn't go into my room and not smell his cologne that still lingered there. I just couldn't do it. Even worse, I couldn't go back to Duskwood either. I had so much on my mind that I couldn't face what Duskwood had in store for me, plus I was not going to miss his funeral. Not in a million years! I had nowhere to go and I was left all alone once again. Phil was driving here tomorrow and I had no idea how to face him without completely breaking down!

"How about we get you signed out of here, and you come stay with me."

"But I..."

"Before you say anything, at least think about it. I live all alone and I'm at work most of the day. You could rest, take good care of yourself, and I would be there in case of anything to help out."

"I... I can't let you do that. You don't even know me."

"I know that you're hurt, you're in pain, and you have been through more than anybody should have to go through. Please, let me help. It's the least I can do."