Violent Assault (Chp 15)

WARNING
This chapter contains strong language, murder, assult, and violence. Not suitable for anybody under the age of 18 or for people who have gone through similar situations, as it may trigger memories. Please be advised!!!

I wanted to run away and disappear somewhere where I didn't know anybody, and nobody knew me. I was tired of feeling guilty, I was tired of being the talk of the town, I was tired of feeling scared to live and I was definitely exhausted of fighting and fighting only to feel useless and worthless in the end. 

Evan and I didn't talk much, he knew I wasn't okay and he could feel it just as much as I did. 

"Let me take you home, you don't look too well."

I got up and started to walk towards the car, with Evan following behind me. I don't recall the last time we had been this quiet around each other. We always had something to talk about. But this time it was different. We barely said two words to each other the whole night. Just as it was hard for me to be in love with two men at the same time, it must have been even harder on him sharing me with another man. Knowing that I was in love with someone, knowing that I could pick Jake and never speak to him again and knowing that the only reason we even met was because I was looking for a way to save another man. 

We got home and without even changing, I went straight to my room and laid down. I wanted to fall asleep and forget about this whole day I just had. I was hoping when I woke up all this would be some kind of a horrible nightmare, and when I blink it would all be back to normal.  Not even a few minutes later I was asleep. 

When I woke up in the morning, Evan was already gone. It was half past ten and he was at work. This was my only chance to go and see Alan. I knew that Evan would never let me go while he was here. I quickly jumped out of bed, got dressed and grabbed a quick toast on my way as I headed out. I call a taxi and as I wait for it to come, I dial Alan's number. 

A few seconds later he answered,

"I wasn't expecting to hear from you again."

"Well, surprise!" 

"What do you want?? You made up your mind."

"I want to see you. Are you available?"

"I'm actually at home right now. I'm off work today. You can come here if you really need to see me."

"Make sure your wife is gone by the time I come."

"She's not my wife. She's..."

"I'm not interested in knowing who she is. Just make sure she's not there."

I hung up as I saw my taxi had arrived. I told the driver to take me to the address Alan sent on my phone messages.  Around twenty minutes later, I stood in front of his house. I walked to his front door and knocked. When he answered, he smiled at me not knowing what was about to go down. He probably thought I had changed my mind and I was about to throw myself on him and let him have me the way he wants. 

"Come on in. Make yourself at home."

"Let me cut straight to the chase. I need you to hand over all of the stuff you took that belongs to me. Don't even try to pretend you don't know what I'm talking about."

"I don't have anything that belongs to you."

"Look you fucken asshole. I know what you're trying to do and it's not going to work."

"How about you calm your sexy little ass down, before I calm you down myself."

"How about you kiss my ass? You're fucken sick! I hope you burn in hell where you belong."