5

[☆▪︎☆]

NICK ARMSTRONG WAS HIS PARENTS PRIDE AND JOY. he won every race, was outstanding in every violin concert, and had made a living for himself. he was the prodigy, the one kid of theirs who might actually turn out to be something.

adrianna armstrong, on the other hand, was not.

she was a klutz, and rarely ever got off her phone long enough to even think about running. they broke the strings the first time she played a violin, and she was living with her twin brother, just to try and get out of that hellhole they called home.

adrianna's parents hated her. and she hated them. it was balanced.

and although she made her escape now, she didn't get that opportunity when she was younger– getting thrown into situations they weren't built for over and over again, coming out stronger everytime.

all the while nick got treated like the prince he was, and adrianna still waited for her fairy tale everyday as a kid. one day, they decided it wasn't coming.

so she grew up. and maybe that explains a lot more about her now. independent and unafraid to speak up, with far too many mental issues, and just about as straight as an oval.

just another thing to add to the list of things that made her a disappointment.

adrianna remembered the day she came out like the back of their hand, because it was the day nick invited her to live with him instead of them.

she would've been crazy to decline.

so they packed up her shit, left with one middle finger in the air, and slammed the door like she was always yelled at for. but this time, she didn't care.

they were given nick's guest room and she had lived there for about a year, doing online classes to get a degree in computer science, just like her brother.

infact, adrianna was even better than nick. (which wasn't really saying a lot, in her opinion.)

she edited some videos for him, she helped with some lines of code, and just generally did behind the scenes work. they were never one for being in front of the camera.

and honestly, she still wasn't sure why she decided it was a good time to join social media, but they did.

and she was just hoping that she wouldn't regret it.

-

"adri, did you finish that code for dream's video? or no?"

"no, fuck you."

sapnap rolled his eyes. "are you almost done?" he yelled back, rolling his chair in front of his door so he could see into hers.

their fingers flew across the keyboard. "uh-" she stopped talking for a moment, before finishing typing. "now i am. you're welcome."

"you should be thanking dream, he's the one who pays you." he responds, and adrianna scoffs.

"only because he thinks you're coding it, dickwad. i don't want him knowing im doing his labor, but it always ends up dumb when you do it." she says, standing up and walking into his doorway, handing him a flashdrive.

he grabs it thankfully, setting it on his desk. "do you want to order something for dinner, or want to make something? either or works for me, but i'm not cooking."

she nods. "order pizza or something. i'll make food tomorrow." they say, walking out. "thank you!"

"yup!"

adrianna lays on her bed, opening her phone and seeing that dream posted again. i coded that too, she thought.

they coded a lot of his shit, whether he knew it or not. she got paid decently though, and she used it in her coursework, so they weren't exactly complaining.

reluctantly, she clicked on it, setting their phone next to her, propping it up so she could lay down comfortably while watching it.

"this video, we coded it so that..." adrianna drifted off to the sound of his voice, up for far too long on the latest code.