17

ADRIANNA'S PHONE BUZZED CONTINUOUSLY ON THE COUNTER. she made no effort to pick it up and instead just kept making dinner.

"i swear y'all would starve if i wasn't here to make dinner every night. what would you guys even eat?" they rambled, breaking up the hamburger meat in the pan. it's tacos night.

buzz.

sapnap smiled. "taco bell. that actually sounds so fire right now, to be honest. do y'all just want taco bell?"

buzz.

she glared at him immediately. "im slaving over this taco meat right now and all you can think about is taco bell?"

buzz.

"yes."

buzz.

dream cut in. "are you gonna answer that? or just let it keep going? it's annoying the fuck out of me. " he says, before looking back down at his phone immediately.

she made a 'yikes' face, picking her phone up off the counter. "geez, who pissed in your pickles? i'll turn it off, it's just my mom."

"is she still texting you? god, you're 20, you aren't a little kid anymore." sapnap groaned.

"i know that. she apparently doesn't. i still don't know why she hates me, honestly. i think im just too cool for her." adri jokes, taking the meat off of the heat. "taco meat is ready, all the other ingredients are laid out."

dream gave her a tight lipped smiles as a thank you, assembling his tacos.

the twins followed suit, sitting in an awkward silence as they ate their tacos— one that continued after they washed up, and went their separate ways.

it wasn't natural.

adri knocked on dream's door, it pushing open as she made contact. no one was there. weird.

she ran downstairs and looked for him to no avail, before spotting him sitting on the back porch.

they pushed open the door, sitting down next to him. "hi clay."

he turned to her, barely acknowledging she was even there.

the stars were out tonight, though there were admittedly not that many of them. adrianna supposed that was the consequence of living in the city. in fact, it was the only reason she missed texas.

they nudged clay. "when i was little and was having a bad day, my dad used to tell me to wish on a star that it'd get better. i told him that it was no point wishing on anything but a shooting star, but he told me to try it anyway. i don't really know how true his words were, but it always seemed to work for me. " she said, clasping her hands together.

he took it in. "thank you, adri."

"no problem, mr. clay. if you want to talk about your shitty day, im all ears." she nods, shrugging with her response.

he sighs. "not really. my family is fighting again. they keep getting doxxed and they don't know if they have to move. i feel like its my fault.".

adri let out a small chuckle.

"are you serious? how can you laugh at that?"

with a quuck shake of the head, she responded "there's nothing you can do. things just happen. you're on the internet, dream."

they took a moment of silence. "thanks adri. seriously it means a lot."

she smiled, standing up. "anytime, clay. i still don't like you though."

clay laughed loudly. "of course."