Chapter 01

"Hi Mr Kim! Welcome to our house!"

SeokJin's father said to an old man who still looked handsome. SeokJin and his mother bowed as a sign of respect. The old man also bowed slightly in reply. "Thank you for inviting me." SeokJin couldn't help himself but saw a dimple on his right cheek.

"I heard you were coming with your family. Where are your wife and son?" SeokJin's father asked.

The man sighed. "Yes, they are with me. But, my son does not want to get out of the car and my wife is persuading him to get out." He massaged the back of his neck. "I'm sorry if my son suddenly misbehaved. Today, he is in a bad mood."

"It's okay. If he doesn't want to, don't force him." SeokJin's mother said with a small smile. He sighed again.

"I'm sorry, I don't think he's ready to meet his mate yet." He then bent slightly to be level with SeokJin. "I apologize on behalf of my son, SeokJin. I don't know what his problem is today." He stood up straight again.

POV : SeokJin
What? Mate? My mate? Like a soulmate!? My soulmate is here! I really want to meet my soulmate! But... He doesn't seem to want to see me. I sighed slowly. Can't be like this! I shook my head. I have to try! Do something, SeokJin!

"Ehem!" I cleared my throat, trying to steal attention. The three adults looked at me. Success!

"Do you need something, SeokJin?"

I nodded my head. "Can I try to persuade him to get out of the car? You said he was my mate. Maybe... I can persuade him." I asked for permission timidly. He looked startled for a moment but soon a smile appeared.

"Of course, you can." That answer made me smile. "But if NamJoon does something he shouldn't be doing, feel free to tell me." He added. I nodded in return. So, his son is named NamJoon. My soulmate's name is Namjoon! I can't wait to see him.

"So, I'll go to him now." I told the three adults, getting a nod from them. I went towards the man's car.

POV : Namjoon
I sighed again. I don't know how many times I've sighed for today. I sat in the car, still wearing a seat belt and close my eyes trying to ignore my mother who was persuading me to get out of the car. Why does she still not understand even though I have said I don't want and am not ready?

"Kim NamJoon! Get out and go see your mate!" Mother curse under her breath. I still ignore her.

However, if you are all curious. Yes, my parents and my mate's parents already know that me and my mate are soulmates who need to be together. They told me that they knew about it when they noticed the tattoos on our bodies were the same. In this world, everyone knows that anyone with the same tattoo is a soulmate.

All of a sudden, my mom stopped nagging when someone interrupted. I wanted to know who it was but refused to open my eyes. Maybe it's just my dad. I heard my mother walk away and the sound of other footsteps approaching me.

"I'm sorry, are you NamJoon?"

Whose voice...? I opened my eyes then immediately turned to the side. A handsome man looked at me with a small, cute smile. I froze for a moment, staring at him without realizing it. He looks so pretty. So beautiful-

"Excuse me?" His plump lips moved.

I immediately shifted my gaze so I didn't look at him. "Yes, I'm NamJoon. Who are you?" I pretended not to be interested in him. I could see from his eyes that he was a bit hurt. Why do I feel that way too? What have I been through for this heartache?

"I'm SeokJin. Kim SeokJin, your mate."

"S-Soulmate?"

"Hmm." He nodded his head.

"I'm sorry but I'm not ready to meet my mate, I mean you. I'm not ready to take responsibility, to start a new life, we may have children and-" I didn't finish my sentence when I heard SeokJin chuckle. Not kidding but I like to hear him laugh. His laughter made me forget the problem I thought about earlier.

"Hey, hey, calm down." He stopped laughing, but still smiled. "Today is the first time we met. We will just get to know and find out about each other. We don't have to start a new life or have children if you're not ready, okay?" He laughed again. "We just met but you're already thinking about the child, huh?"

"I'm just not ready for everything!"

"We will not do all that if you are not prepared." He smiled, looking at me. I can't take my eyes off his face. He is so cute with that little smile! My heart is pounding like crazy. I didn't go to the marathon but why is it so fast? Slow down and be patient, oh my heart! "I promise." He held out his little finger.

I put our little fingers together.

I smiled. "Thank you."

This is just the beginning.