THRANDUIL-COLD HEARTED

I recommend listening to this song while reading this.* *The song is called "Cold Hearted" by Paula Abdul.*

"How come how come he can he can tell-a tell-a you're-a you're-a
Always always number number one without a doubt
(He's one cold snake)
When-a when-a he is he is always always squirmin' squirmin'
Like a little snake under-a e-ver-y-a rock
(No give, all take)"

"Elrond, it's been years since," Thranduil starts. Just the thought of you brings him to tears. You see, you and Thranduil were friends since you were elflings. You had developed a crush on him. Who wouldn't? He's not that bad looking. You fell for his cold-hearted self. You had faith that you could change him. You had heard the news that he was getting a queen. You shouldn't have found out from Y/F/N. He remembers the words you uttered before you left into the woods of Mirkwood. You two had a screaming match about it, which scared a lot of the elf guards that were present for the fight.

"You've been you've been workin' workin' on the on the love
And he's been only only playing undercover all the while
(One smooth sharp tongue)
Take a take another 'nother look into his eyes
(He just talks)
And you will on-ly see a rep-tile"

"Thranduil, only if you honestly told her how you felt instead of pushing her away," Elrond says. 

"It's my nature to push people away. Ever since Legolas's mother passed," Thranduil says.

"Thranduil, go find Y/N and tell her how you feel, even if she doesn't feel the same anymore," Elrond says then regrets it.

"Anymore?" Thranduil asks.

"Go to her," Elrond says.

-Time skip brought to you by a scared Bilbo clinging to Thorin-

*Thranduil's Point of View*

"He's a cold-hearted snake
Look into his eyes
Oh oh oh
He's been tellin' lies
He's a lover boy at play
He don't play by the rules
Oh oh oh
Girl don't play the fool--no"

This is it. The day I confess to Y/N. I regret not telling her while she was here. I grab a horse and ride to Rivendell. Why is my love in Rivendell? I find Tyra and ask him where Y/N is. I hear her laughter.

"Y/N," I say.

"Thranduil," she says.

"Please, hear me out," I say. She didn't leave. 

"Explain. I don't have all day," she snaps. Something snaps inside of me. I rush up to her and smash my lips to hers. She kisses back.

"I regret not telling you how I felt about you. I am sorry that I led you on and didn't say anything," I say.

*Third Person Point of View*

"You're the one givin' up the love
Anytime he needs it
But you turn your back and then he's off and runnin' with the crowd
You're the one to sacrifice
Anything to please him
Do you really think he thinks about you when he's out" 

"I regret not telling you how I felt about you. I am sorry that I led you on and didn't say anything," Thranduil says. You aren't sure if you heard that right. 

"Did the Mirkwood king just apologize?" you smirk.

"You heard right," he smirks back. You realized your feelings for the Elvenking haven't changed over the years you've been gone.