4. Buddies!

Peter's POV (ooh spicy I know)
After dinner Ned and MJ went back home, we got a little work done, but we mostly talked the whole time. Oops. I decided to go out on patrol, I was hoping to see Silent Ash again, but not, you know, fight her. She seemed nice and I just wanted to be friends, or vigilante buddies!

Swinging around Queens, I finally notice her! I'm glad her suit has those shiny silver things on it, it helped me spot her.
'Hey what's up!' She backed up as soon as I said that. Stupid Peter, last time you attacked her of course she'd back away. 'I-I'm not gonna hurt you, I didn't  want to attack you last time... the other avengers don't know I'm here.'  She slowly walked back over and sat near me on the edge of the building. I sat next to her. She didn't say anything, so we just sat. 'Uhh, I get if you don't want to talk about it, but uh, last time there was kind of a thing, on your back.'
'Hydra branded me, that way I'd always be there's.' She signed, I understand what she was saying, barely. After meeting Y/N I started learning. 'Are you still with them?' I signed back. She seemed surprised I could sign but then shook her head.
'I was never with them in the first place.'

Y/N POV
Spider-Man was nice. He reminded you of Peter, in a way, always excited and nice to everyone. You ended up chatting about life, after you told him about Hydra. Turns out he's also in high school, he said his favourite subjects were science-y ones and that he made his own webs. You thought that was really cool. He asked about your powers so you showed him. You felt like you could trust him. You could manipulate the energy around you, mainly absorbing it. You showed why you always leave ashes, it wasn't on purpose, just a leftover from your powers. It was then your turn to ask about him. He told you about how he got bitten by a radioactive spider. He was really sticky and super strong! He also mentioned what he called a spidey-sense. You giggled at the name. 'Hey! It's a very fitting name! Don't laugh at it!' You laughed together but then he started looking around.
'What's wrong?'
'Something isn't right...' Just as he said that, an arrow flew past your head.

'Clinton Francis Barton!! Remember how we said we were just coming to talk? What part of that didn't you understand!' You heard a woman shout. 'Sorry Nat...' a man whimpered. The Avengers. Had Spider-Man sold you out? Was he only pretending to be nice?
'Ash, I didn't know they were coming, please don't be mad at me.' He signed, even through the mask you could feel his puppy dog eyes. You nodded, he was a friend.
'Kid, we just wanna talk.' Captain America said.
'Yeah I think she got that Capsicle.' Iron man flew down, 'I could hear Nat yelling all the way in the sky.'
'Mr Stark, she's not with Hydra. We can leave her alone.' Spider-Man walked over to them. You stayed back, still not trusting them.
'I know you trust her but we just need to ask a couple questions.' Black Widow said. They were still talking, you thought, but you weren't really listening. A man walked over to them, his metal arm shone and on it was a red star. You'd recognise it anywhere.

'Зимний Солдат' Your voice was shaky, after years of not using it. Hydra had found you, you had to get out of there.
'Ash wait!' Someone called out but you were too focused on running away.

You jumped of the top of the building, and then you ran. The Avengers probably thought you were a scaredy-cat, always running from them. But you had to get away. You had no chance if Hydra had sent the Winter Soldier after you.

Steve's POV
'They always have to run,' Tony sighed, 'well we better go after her.'
'Wait, Nat, she said something in Russian, what was it?' I questioned.
Bucky answered for her, 'Winter Soldier,' I watch him stiffen.
'Maybe she thought Hydra was after her.' Nat suggested.
'Either way, we need to go after her.' I said,
'Mr Rogers, maybe we should just let her go, she's not a harm to us.' Peter pulled off his masked.
'If she thinks Hydra is after her, she's safest with us. We need to find her.' Buck looked worried.

Y/N POV
You stopped running in a nearby alley, you needed to catch your breath. You didn't know how long you had been running. You ripped off your mask, it felt like it was suffocating you.
'Y-Y/N?'
Shit, crap, fuck. What do you do. In the midst of your panic, a certain web-slinging vigilante crawls down the wall. Spider-Man knows who you are.
'Kid, you know her?'
'Uhh yeah Mr Stark, she's a friend from school.'
Friend from school? You literally have 3 friends, and Spider-Man's a guy so it can't be MJ. Ned is always obsessing over Spider-Man too so it's probably-
'Peter?' You signed.

Spider-Man pulled off his mask, it was Peter. That... made sense. Spider-Man did remind you of Peter, they were both total puppies.
'Look, this reunion is cute and all but, Silent Ash, Y/N was it? You need to come with us.' Tony Stark interrupted. You shook your head, even though you could trust Peter, they were with Hydra. Why else would the Winter Soldier be there?
'Can you at least tell us why not?' Captain Rogers tried to reason. You didn't get why they were being all nice, last time they attacked you. It really hurt.
'Y/N?' Peter signed, 'just explain to them, like how you explained to me.'
You doubted they even knew how to sign but whatever to get them off your back.
'I'm not with Hydra, I never wanted to be.' You signed back. Surprisingly, the majority seemed to understand you. They must have noticed your surprise.
'Where do you think Peter learned how to sign?' The arrow guy joked.
'Wait so you're Peter's friend who doesn't talk?' Stark commented, 'then you should have no problem coming with us.'
'But,' your hands shook as you signed, 'The Winter Soldier'
'He's not that anymore, he was brainwashed. Now he's with us, his name is Bucky.' You understood why he was called Captain America, the pride and optimism came flowing off him.
'What he means to say is, if you come with us, Hydra can't get to you anymore.' The redhead explained.
'I can't.' It was too risky.
'Well how about we make you a deal, you don't have to come with us, but, you have to check in with us. Come to us if you're hurt, let Peter know how patrol went. Oh, and we'll need your identity, although we kind of already have it and you know, tell us about you.' Hawkeye explained.
'Okay,' It didn't sound that bad, maybe this would be alright, 'I'm Y/N L/N, I'm 16, I live with my foster parents. I can hear you completely fine and don't ask about why I don't talk, I get enough of it at school. I mostly patrol after school so I can tell Peter about it the next day.' You took a deep breath, people-ing was scary.
'Nice to meet you Y/N, I'm Natasha but you can call me Nat, the idiot with the arrows is Clint, the guy in a hunk of tin is Tony and there's Captain Steve Rogers, owner of America's ass. Welcome to the Avengers.'

A/N Woah look at me go, another whole chapter. I've been in a writing mood lately but I'm stupid and keep writing myself into corners. TYSM for 100 reads!!!!! People reading ma book makes me feel so loved (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

Thank you for reading and good morning/night/afternoon! :))