8: The Cliff.

I didn't know exactly how long it had been since I'd left the airport and walked away from everyone, but I didn't care either.

Right now I didn't care about anything and I didn't want to think about anything or anyone at all. No, because I need a moment of quietness, peace and silence in the company of myself and my loneliness.

I felt like my life was a complete fucking mess that was plummeting faster than I would like to admit and I wasn’t able to control it at all.

I had come to a place that only Blake knew about, but he wasn't around anymore and wouldn't be coming back for quite some time, so no one would find me at our hideout.

Although, to be honest, I didn't have anywhere else to go because I didn't want to go home or to my older brother's house or to any friend.

I didn't want anyone to know where I was, I didn't want anyone to be able to find me.

I was alone, a bit cold due to my shorts, sitting on one of the benches in a small square on the edge of a cliff.

Blake and I found this place unintentionally, actually.

One day, we just happened to be walking, just to use a different and longer path to get to my house, and we saw it.

Since then, whenever we wanted privacy and I did not want to be invited to a hotel or didn’t want him to spend money on me, we came here.

It was weird that no one in the neighborhood knew about this place, but whenever we came it was just the two of us.

I supposed it was because you couldn't get here by car but walking, by bicycle, skateboard or motorcycle, as was my case.

To get here by car you would have to park it in the neighborhood, walk about 15 minutes up a huge climb and narrow streets, where the houses on the sides were abandoned and almost completely destroyed, and this square was at the end of it.

It wasn't a very small square, but it wasn't huge either. You couldn't have a party here. It had some very tall trees and one of them had very long and leafy branches that reached the ground which hid half the square and made a good hiding place.

It also had two or three benches and right now I was sitting on one of them with my knees against my chest, my chin resting on them and my arms around my legs as I looked forward.

The wind was deep in my bones because of the shorts and it got inside the sleeves of the hoodie, since it was too big for me as it belonged to my brother Evan, and I was wearing a tank top underneath.

I honestly didn't think it would take me that long to get home or that I’d be out at this time of night and those clothes were the first thing I wore to go to the airport.

The wind ruffled my hair causing it to stick to my sticky cheeks, which had been bathed in tears before, but were already a bit drier because I managed to calm myself a bit to concentrate on the beautiful views in front of me.

From here I could see the entire neighborhood and much of the city, now illuminated.

Whenever Blake and I came here, we sat on the half-wall at the edge of the cliff to watch that it was one of the few times that our social classes were together at the same time, close and without conflict.

On the left side was the upper class of the city and this too, where he belonged, and on the right side was my neighborhood along with a few other lower class, where I belonged.

In addition, above my head the stars were already appearing, some more clearly than others due to the light pollution of the city, which made me realize it was more at night than I had thought.