13: The office.

In front of me was a huge glass building. It looked like it was made of mirrors on the outside, reflecting the entire city and sky with almost perfect definition, but I knew they were windows because there were a few open ones.

All of this made me think that I had no idea what Ian's job was and I remembered, once again, that we didn't know each other, but I wanted to. I wanted to know what his job was, if all this had been achieved by himself, if it was a family business or if it was his dream... I wanted to know things about him.

I had a curiosity that I shouldn't have.

I took a deep breath and got off the motorbike, which had parked it on the sidewalk in front of the front door, and tucked my backpack plus helmet in the back of the vehicle.

I put the keys and the phone in the pockets of my jacket, after I had put the lock on the rear wheel, and started walking towards the huge skyscraper.

It took me just 5 minutes to get there so he couldn't "punish" me, as he had told me, because I had arrived on time, although I did want to receive that punishment anyway.

I lifted up my head and saw the huge building in front of me but, behind it, the orange sunset sky was present, also reflecting on it from various angles.

It was a very beautiful picture and I couldn't miss the opportunity so, before coming in, I retraced my steps to take out the reflex camera, which Abby's father had given me the same as her when we graduated from the academy, and immortalize the moment.

After having gotten a good snapshot, I put it back inside the backpack and again inside the trunk of the motorcycle. This part of the city wasn't even close to the neighborhood, so I wasn'tt afraid to leave the camera there.

Now, I did come into the building after the guards at the entrance gave me a few looks from top to bottom. I supposed it was unusual for someone like me to be here, but they said nothing more than a "good night" that I politely returned.

Inside, the building looked like it was straight out of a very high-end interior decorating magazine. Everything was decorated in shades of white, gray, black and certain shades of blue.

It looked very modern and clean.

I approached the information desk while looking around, still amaze of what I was seeing, where there was a woman. I assumed that she had surgery because those lips did not look very natural, but who was I to judge?

She had gum in her mouth, which she chewed with her mouth open and making noise. It was a bit disgusting actually and through the mirror behind her, I could see the reflection that she was playing the solitaire on the computer.

Since she was unaware of my presence, I decided to clear my throat with some noise to make myself notice. She looked me up and down in disgust; her lip was lifted and her brow furrowed.

I knew it was because I was "very casual and humble" to come to a high-class place like this, although I tried and fixed my ponytail, but I was still wearing the closed uniform jacket, skirt and boots.

I had just left work and hadn't been able to change my clothes yet, only washed my face a bit in the bathroom and had put on some perfume that Abby had in her bag, but this woman was not the one to judge me either.

"Sorry, we don't give alms." She said in an unfriendly tone and looked back at the computer.

What the fuck did she just say to me? I thought with a frown and cleared my throat one more time to get her attention again.

"What's wrong, girl? I told you that we're not going to give you money." She said, her voice louder than before.

"The truth is, I'm here to see Mr. Collins." I said seriously.