SORRY. 013

Sunoo found himself sitting down at the usual diner he and Sunghoon used to go to. He looked down on his lap, his heart was thumping and he hated how nervous he felt, because for the first time in months, he was seeing his ex again face-to-face.

The clock striked 8 o'clock. Thirty minutes ago, he received a text from Sunghoon asking if they could meet, and here he was now, waiting for Sunghoon to arrive. "Should I tell Ni-ki...?" He muttered under his breath, "ah, no.. What am I to him, anyway? I'm sure he won't look for me."

Footsteps approached him and Sunoo looked up to see Sunghoon sitting down beside him, holding two plastic bottles of boba tea and placing them on the table in front of them. "Here," Sunghoon mumbled and finally mustered the courage to look into Sunoo's eyes. Sunoo took the boba tea and caught how Sunghoon made eye contact with him, but the latter quickly broke the eye contact and instead pushed the straw inside the bottle and drank from it.

"Thanks..." Sunoo mumbled and followed Sunghoon's actions, glancing at Sunghoon from time to time. Their eyes once again locked, and Sunoo felt the familiar flips in his stomach as he stared at the pair of eyes he used to look at everyday. Sunoo awkwardly cleared his throat, the atmosphere between the two of them was tense and cold. "U-uh.. I'll get straight to the point.. Why did you want to meet?"

Sunghoon leaned on his chair and sipped on his boba tea in an attempt to relax, but he- once again, tensed upon the eye contact he and Sunoo made. Sunghoon sighed, his eyes casted to the table, avoiding Sunoo's gaze as much as possible. "I'm sorry," he quietly said, and Sunoo knew that Sunghoon was sad. "I'm sorry, Sun. I'm sorry for.. letting you go... I'm sorry that I've hurt you. And I'm sorry for leaving that fast."

"Ah..." Sunoo looked away too, so now both of them were staring at utter nothingness. "Why.. did you do it?" Sunoo asked, sadness and genuine curiosity lacing on his tone. "Why did you leave, then?" In fact, it wasn't the sadness he bottled up for the both of them. It was the pity he felt for Sunoo and Sunghoon who were once madly in love. If he could go back in time, he couldn't bring himself to hurt his past self by telling him that he and Sunghoon... They weren't meant to be together.

"I just-," Sunghoon sighed. "It just.. didn't feel right anymore."

"..."

"I'm sorry. I really was and still am disappointed in myself for giving up on you- for us. But something was just stopping me from continuing our relationship... Like the universe just suddenly.. drew me away from you," Sunghoon glanced at Sunoo, and he saw how Sunoo's eyes started to well up in tears. "N-no, don't cry," Sunghoon sadly frowned and reached to wipe the tears that brimmed on Sunoo's eyes.

Just how he used to.

Sunoo shook his head and wiped the tears that rolled on his cheeks himself. "Sorry, I don't know why I'm crying," Sunoo chuckled and smiled at Sunghoon, "thank you, Hoon."

"Why..?"

"Because I can finally breathe again," Sunoo said and his eyes didn't cast any sort of pain- it looked more relieved. "I wanted a proper closure for us... and I started to see it, you know? That we.. aren't really meant to be," Sunoo looked at Sunghoon's eyes, "and we can't force ourselves if fate doesn't want it, right?"

Sunghoon nodded and looked away, sighing in relief. Sunoo reached to hold his hand and Sunghoon searched in Sunoo's eyes; his gaze was different. "Still, thank you for being a part of my life," Sunoo genuinely smiled and released Sunghoon's hands, taking the boba tea and drinking from it. Both of them relaxed, the weight on their shoulders finally drifting away and they finally no longer felt the pain and sadness.

"Have you moved on?" Sunghoon asked, and he didn't have any intentions as he was genuinely curious.

Sunoo pursed his lips and a chuckle left his mouth as he brought the straw between his lips, "yeah. I stopped thinking about you, honestly.. And someone has been occupying my mind lately."