Chapter 2: a town of sunrise and sunset

No one's POV

As the two stepped out the door our little shadow looked at its surroundings. They appear to have been placed in a old abandoned building. Old paint was falling off. Cobwebs litter the corners of the walls.

With the sound of their footsteps the shadow walks outside and is greeted by the comforting glow of the sun on the horizon. through the courtyard and into the forest. The rays of sun light the dim trees giving the shadow a beautiful view of the canopy.

Finally after a calming walk the shadow spotted a crack in the wall ahead. Holding the heart tight the two traveled through and once again the eyes of the shadow sparkled with wonder and amazement.

The world they had entered was Twilight Town.

The shadow climbed the buildings to see people walking around and living their lives. This was the first time the shadow saw living beings besides other shadows and darksides. It was mesmerizing. But at the same time the shadow was nervous.

It was a little creature. What would the humans do if they saw him? The shadow decided to explore a bit while avoiding the sight of the humans. By moving through the underground tunnels the shadow explored the corner of Twilight Town.

"Aw man! Another project!?" A voice heard coming from the alleyway.

This got the little shadow curious and decided to investigate. Upon reaching the alleyway the heart and shadow hid behind a conveniently shaped box.

Once hidden the shadow began eavesdropping on the trio of humans.

"You should've expected this Hayner. School is back on and it's the start of the new semester." Another human spoke.

"Yeah. Pence is right this year is going to be tougher than the last so we need to do our best." A female this time spoke.

Hayner now agitated rubbed his head and cleared his throat.

"I know Olette. It's just frustrating because of all the project we been getting lately. I know the want us to succeed but couldn't they be more lenient?" He said.

"Well let's get some ice cream and take a breather!" Pence said heading towards the town square.

Ice cream? The shadow decide to follow them and find out what this ice cream is. With cautious movements the shadow followed them down a walk way until they were in another open area.

There the trio stood in front of a stand order. The shadow taking the opportunity put the heart down a sunk into the ground sneaking up on the unsuspecting humans.

When they were handed the food the shadow swiftly stole two of them and ran off.

"Hey! Give those back!" Hayner saw the little thief run off.

"Don't worry Hayner here two more for your troubles." The store owner said.

"Thank you. Huh what was that thing?" Olette asked.

"I don't know but I get the feeling we saw one of those before." Pence said taking his ice cream.

With the shadow

Asked shadow carried both heart and the two ice cream it rain up the hill and towards the train station. Once up the hill it tried to place the heart on the ledge with the ice cream as well.

After a few attempts of squirming on the ledge it made it. The shadow placed the heart at its side and then tried the ice cream. The humans called it 'Sea Salt Ice Cream.'

Curious the shadow took a bite to see. Then it's eyes widened as it looked happy from its taste. It liked it so much that it wanted the heart to try it as well. It put down its own and gave the heart its ice cream.

Though after a few time poking it with the ice cream the shadow grew confused. Why didn't it want to try it? Did it not look appealing? Is the heart sad? Eventually the shadow decided to just leave the ice cream in front of it in case it wanted it for later.

Minutes as the shadow kicked up the last few drops of its ice cream with a satisfied look. It turned to the to see that the ice cream melted and the heart did not try it.

Maybe the heart doesn't like ice cream after all. The shadow got up and hugged. At least the shadow figured out how to share and that it loved sea salt ice cream. Curiosity soon took hold as the shadow entered the train station.

The two companions soon saw a strange blue colored train with a hat on top of it. The shadow tilted its head in confusion as the door to it opened automatically. The shadow shrugged as it entered the train and it left the station.

Where does the train go? The shadow was even more excited to see what world it would be next.

Elsewhere

Within his room sitting at his desk a wizard looked at a projection of our two companions. He rubbed his beard with great anticipation.

"Most interesting. This heartless is caring for a heart. I have a little surprise for it when they arrive." The wizard said watching the projection.

What new adventure will this wizard have in store for our two little heroes?