Chapter 4: making new friends

No one's POV

Disney castle. I world full of life and light. Where king Mickey and queen Minnie rule over and protect the other worlds from evil being and dark schemes.

This has been a peaceful place where Sora and the others helped save from maleficent and Pete and their time travel plan. It has been completely silent even now.

"Wahahahahaagh!" Well up until now.

"Your not gettin away from us a-hyuh!" Right in this moment our two companions have gotten themselves in quite the trouble.

The court mage Donald Duck and the captain of the royal guard Goofy are now chasing them down and up the halls of the castle.

The little shadow was quite agile narrowly escaping thrown shields and lightning bolts from the two.

Goofy thrown his shield in another attempt to knock down the shadow. Only the shadow turn a corner and hit Donald square on his beak.

"Ow. What's the big idea!?" Donald shouted at goofy.

"Gwarsh sorry about that."

"Haah we need to catch up with that heartless before it gets to the king or the queen!" Goofy says as they turn a corner down another hallway.

With such speed the Donald flawlessly slides on the floor giving chase once more. Goofy on the other hand face planted into a column as stars swirled around him.

"A Hyugh! That pillar tasted funny!"

"C'mon you oaf we're gonna lose it!" Donald grabbed him as they gave chase to the shadow and the heart.

Elsewhere

In the royal library everything was quiet. Four beings were present enjoying the silent company of one another. One was loyal companion that assisted on many a journey. Another was a regal duck reading and waiting for her interest/annoying mage. The final two were both a couple of nice the ruled over Disney castle.

"Ugh I wonder where he is?" The regal duck asked with a groan.

The queen giggled to herself before replying to her friend.

"Don't worry Daisy I'm sure he is finding the perfect present for today." The queen says with a cheery giggle to her voice.

"The only present I'm going to give him is a brick if he tries to prank me."

The now known daisy huffs with skepticism. For she knows her Donald would find someway to mess up their date after long periods of time. To her she figures that he broke something and is trying to hide it somehow. With a sigh she gives in to interrogating him when he finally decides to show his crooked beak around.

Their peaceful silence was broken when they heard screaming. A certain echoed howled was followed by a clang of armor clashing with the wall.

"To the left!"

"My left or yours a-hyugh?"

"No not there wahahahahahagh!" Another could be heard as goofy and Donald crash through door with stars flying above.

"Ugh. Donald! Goofy what is the meaning of this!?" Daisy interrogated them while Mickey and Minnie approached.

"Uh-hyugh. We were chasin a heartless and we took tumble."

This caught the three off guard as they looked at the two with disbelief. Heartless can't get into this world not while the source of light was safe within the castle walls.

"Wagh! There it is!" Donald says as the shadow runs by the doorway.

"Donald! Goofy! With me!" Mickey with a equipped key blade. With haste moving to chase down the runaway shadow.

The shadow run even faster fearing for it's life as it and the heart turn corners trying to escape their chasers. Why was this castle so big!? The shadow pondered running still until it found a door. It opened up and the shadow ran inside.

Finally catching its breathe the shadow took a look at the room it was currently in. It looked to be a throne room. It must've been where the mouse chasing them sits most of the day.

Though it's brief respite came to an end as the door opened up revealing the three once more.

"There it is fellas!"

The chase resumed as they ran all across the entire throne room. Magic flew, shields flew, and sparks flew yet they could not land a single hit on the agile shadow.

Until finally they cornered the little shadow.

"We got it now a-hyugh!"

"No where to run little rascal!" Donald says readying a fireball.

The shadow huddles into the corner holding onto the heart for dear life as it begins making movements to that of crying. It was staring at death itself. The end was nigh.

"Hold it you three!" Daisy's voice boomed throughout the throne room. The three halted before looking at the two nobles.

"Now stop right there have three even considered the fact that the heartless hasn't even attacked anyone much less acted aggressive?" Queen Minnie said walking to the group before moving them out of the way and kneeling before the little shadow.

The all stopped and looked at Minnie who when the shadow looked began to calm down as Minnie began to comfort the little hero. The feeling fright and death was immediately gone and replaced with safety and security.

"There there. Your safe now little ones. I see you are keeping this little heart safe. You are very brave indeed." Minnie said as she turned towards the others.

"Now this little one must be on a adventure of sorts. Since there are no dark portals or as such it must be traveling through doors of light. Whatever quest this little one is on we must help it. Besides were we not asking for help before?" Minnie said leaving no room for questions.

"Your right. If so then I know some pals who can help! Let call Sora and Riku they can help!" Mickey says heading to the library.

But Donald and goofy look at each other worried.

"Aww phooey. How are we going to tell them?"

"Gwarsh I dunno Sora is a little dense maybe more than me."

"Goofy no one is more retarded than you."

"As shucks! That's was the nicest thing you said to me."

"Aww phooey."