Chapter 5.5: the station of remembrance

No one's POV

Deep in darkness the shadow falls they fall deep into a realm of mystery and remembrance. Soon they land as the platform reveals itself in a platform. The glass shows to people: one a knight in shining armor and the other a princess a staggering beauty. The knight holds the princess close as if the two were bonded.

The shadow walks forward curious about its surroundings. Until a voice spoke it did not speak but it's words felt loud and clear.

"As heart and shadow grow close. Memories of lifetime's past reveal itself in splendor and familiarity."

A pedestal emerges from the ground as a sword reveals itself. The shadow curious but cautious walks forward towards the sword. One hand extended as it reaches for the sword. Once the hand touches the hilt the shadow's mind or y/n's mind flashes.

Memory

"I will the sword that slays the evil that dares threaten you princess." The knight from the mural speaks.

He stands tall and proud ready to take on any challenge. The princess walks forward but her voice is silent and her word deaf.

End memory

Y/n slowly opens its eyes to reveal the sword in its hand with the heart behind it. The heart glows brightly as shadows emerge from the ground. They jitter and stare in hostile positions. They approach with the intent to strike.

Then the words from the knight ring in y/n's mind.

"I will be the sword that slays the evil that threatens you."

Y/n holds the sword though it is heavy. The shadows attack. With efforts swings y/n strikes down the shadows one by one. Protecting the heart behind it y/n defeats the shadows as the sword and heart disappears as a door emerges. Y/n walks through into another room with a different mural it shows a grand kingdom beaming with light.

"In a world far away there stood true light. This kingdom was the epicenter of all light. Those that lived there basked in its splendor."

Y/n stood in awe at the mural underneath its feet.

Then three pedestals emerged. Each one holding a bright light.

"With the heart close to you, you have been granted a piece long lost. Which will you choose?"

-> memory of voice? (To speak to others with clarity once more)

-> memory of touch? (To feel the sense of the worlds once more)

-> memory of sight? (To see colors and splendor once more)

"These are pieces long lost. Choose one to restore yourself. Then journey forth and restore the light in the heart."