Chapter 5

"Do you need a sword?" I ask him, hooking my scabbard onto a belt.

"No, I have one." He pulls a stick out of his backpack, but with the push of a button the sword comes out. Long, thin, and made of gold. Designs decorate the stick of the sword, but I can't make out what they look like.

"Wow! Can I hold it?"

He shakes his head. "Maybe if you beat me," He smirks, standing up straight as he looks down on me (which is hard since he's so short).

"Well, let's go!" I say, shoving my silver sword in the scabbard. Every sword has a family emblem on it. Mine has a golden crown on the hilt to represent how high ranking my family is. We're one of the richest and most well known kingdoms, which is what makes finding a princess so frustrating. They should be coming to me!

He follows me out the door and all the way to my large arena. Usually it's used for knights to train, but Papa lets me use it whenever I please. It's empty this morning, just me and Julian.

He pulls his sword out, snickering as if he knows he can beat me.

"Countdown from three?" I ask, pulling my own sword out.

"Yup."

"Okay. Three,

Two,"

"One." We finish in unison.

I make the first swing, but he blocks it with ease. Then another, but he blocks it again. He fights more defensively, while I'm more head on.

He jumps back, then to the side. He dodges my next swing, ending in a back flip. Damn.

He's flying.

He might actually win this!

"Wowee! You're amazing!" Piper yells, startling the red head.

This gives me a chance, I knock the sword out of his hands and use the pommel to push him to the ground. "I win," I say with a smirk.

Amelia and Piper sit on a bench, watching the fight. Julian stares at them from the ground, his eyes filled with fear. Why is he so nervous around them but so cocky with me?

I shove my sword in my scabbard and pick up his sword. I offer him a hand, but he's so distracted by the girls he doesn't take it.

"Hey!" I shout, catching his attention. When he finally looks up at me, he lets me pull him up.

He reaches his hand out for the sword and I go to give it to him. I notice the emblem though. A helmet. King Harold, Ruler of Kronos.

"You're son of Harold," I say, fear filling me. "The one that died."

His eyes go wide, looking between me and my sisters. Piper and Amelia both look stunned, just as I do. What am I supposed to say to that? What is he supposed to say to that?

It's King Harold, he's a tyrant. He doesn't let people get in his way, he destroys them before they can even think about it. King Harold said his son had died late in the night, but what was that very person doing here?

 "I- I," He starts, "It's none of your business!" He runs, jumping the arena fence.

"Wait! Julian!" I yell, racing toward him.

"Romeo!" Amelia grabs my wrist, the same one Julian grabbed this morning. "Don't make this worse."

"I need to talk to him though! Before he runs away! He shouldn't be out there in the woods! It's dangerous!"

"Yes, but-"

"I need to go after him." I look down on my older siblings, determination filling me.

"Hey!" Piper calls, causing me to look at her.

"I'm not stopping!" I say, already jogging backwards.

"Be careful," She laughs.