Epilogue

A few months go by. My family and the village were all supportive. And if they weren't, they left on their own. We kept it secret at first, but decided to slowly start telling people. Papa and Piper were the most supportive, they both really like Julian. While Amelia was mad she didn't get him for herself, she was happy for us. Excited, even. Mother was more angered by it, but in the end she was fine.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Come in!"

Julian opens the door, not saying a word.

"You don't have to knock, you know?"

He jumps onto my bed and hides under the covers.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask him, slowly climbing into my bed and sitting down next to him.

"Can I just stay in here for a while."

"Why? You can tell me." I pull the blanket off him, noticing how he hides his face. I can see how he shakes ever so slightly.

"You'll see."

A trumpet sounds outside, signaling the arrival of royalty. Who could that be? I look out my window, one of our guards speaks to someone elses. There's a few of them, and a golden carriage pulled by two white horses.

I recognize it. King Harold of the Kronos kingdom.

I race out the door, sliding down the stairs, and burst out the castle.

"You abandoned him Harold, he's a part of my kingdom!" That's my Papa.

"Give him to me!"

"Hey!" I shout, unable to hold myself back. "Just leave, he doesn't want to see you." I glare at him, reaching for my sword.

"So, you're the brat who's dating Julian."

"What's it to you?"

"I won't accept this. Who do you think you are?"

"I am Prince Romeo Romero of the Shakespeare kingdom. Sixteen years old. Your son's boyfriend."

He glares, his jaw clenching angrily. "I'll kill you!" He lunges towards me, the guards reaching to arrest him.

But just then, Julian runs in front of me. His hand shakes, but he doesn't give in. His glare is almost as bad as his dark haired father.

"Well, you finally decided to come out," He sneers. "Come on, get in the carriage while I deal with these men."

"No." He's being brave.

"What'd you say boy?"

"I said no!" He yells.

King Harold reaches to slap him, but before I can do anything Julian grabs his wrist. "You're embarrassing yourself. Leave." He says with a glare, but I can see how scared he truly is.

All I want to do is step in and save him. But I know he has to do this on his own.

Harold looks down on Julian, a deep glare as he thinks. It's silent, as my family and the people of Kronos stare. What will happen? What will he say? Thoughts swirl around me, and I nervously bite my lip.

Finally, he opens his mouth to speak. "Don't think I've forgotten about you," And with that he leaves.

Julian stands, not moving a muscle, but once the kingdom of Kronos is gone, he collapses onto the floor as tears slip out.

I wrap my hands around his waist, sitting down behind him. "It's ok," I tell him. "He's gone, we won't let him hurt you."

"What if-"

"Don't you trust me?"

He nods.

"Good. You want to go see the townspeople?"

He nods again.

"Come on," I pull him up, allowing him to gather himself.

"Are you going to town?" Piper asks, Amelia close behind.

We both nod with a grin.

"Can we come?"

"No." That was from Julian.

Piper stares at him, waiting for him to finish. Eventually, he does.

"I'm joking. Of course you guys can," He rolls his eyes, already walking away.

"Wait up!" I call out, trotting up to him so we can walk together, I grab his hand as we walk and he smiles up at me.

"Hey! Guys, wait up!" Piper says, pulling up her dress slightly so she doesn't step on it.

Amelia walks close behind, careful to not get her gown dirty.

"Wanna slay a dragon tomorrow?" I whisper to him.

"How about we save a poisoned maiden?"

"Or find someone that fits the glass slipper?"

"I have a better idea," Julian tells me.

"What?"

"How about we just sleep?" He smirks up at me.

"Together?"

"Of course."

"I think that's a splendid idea!"

No more climbing towers, kissing sleeping women, or going on blind dates. At least, not for me. I found my true love. It just wasn't what I expected. But he's the one for me, and I wouldn't trade him for some princess. What can be better than two prince charming's?