07 ~ Flight Testing

The following month was harder than Miok originally believed it would be. 

Being demoted, the shitty treatment she got from her fellow cadets, even the blatant dismissal of the trainer she could have delt with without trouble if she didn't miss everyone from the Violet Unit as much as she did. It was something that came to her as quite unexpected. AS someone who always had herself and herself alone to deal with the world, she didn't expect to miss them half as much as she did.

Jungkook following her around like a little lost puppy, despite him having joined a full year before she had set foot on the Island. Hoseok's bright and warm smile and overall sunny personality that could light up any room. Namjoon's and Yoongi's guidance, the comfort they offered. Eunha's soft cuddles and silent but reassuring presence. Even Talia's snide but lovable remarks would have been more welcome than the treatment she got from those who currently surrounded her.

All that on top of worrying, missing and wishing she could return to her Violet Wonders side.

It wasn't until she no longer had it did she come to terms with how much the night's she spends in his cell meant to her. Even if she was ignored more than half the time. Even if her company was never appreciated, his calming and very big presence offered a comfort she had long since forgotten.

Running on wits end was not exactly helping either. Even if Commodore Cadena always offered to both help and lend a place of comfort. An offer she always felt too guilty to ever accept. Even if both Hosoek and Jungkook tried to pass on reassurances that Taehyung was doing fine in keeping to his end of their bargain - it was not the same as seeing with her own eyes.

In a last ditch effort she had tried befriending other dragons. The one that they usually trained with. The ones from the labs - born and raised within the faculty. While it neither fixed the hole left by Taehyung's absence nor helped her sleep better, it helped her sooth her nerves from rendering her entirely unfunctional.

one certain Dragon reminded her a lot of Eunha. Both having sweet personalities and an innocence about them that felt worth protecting.

While Trilly wasn't the only Dragon she befriended, she was the one she found herself constantly in the company of. Yet it wasn't enough. Not the comforting presence she seeked. 

This fact she found maddening.

Ever since she could remember she had been surrounded by Dragons. Her first and only friend was a Dragon. And when she lost him, she always had one dragon or another who kept her company. Gravitating more towards the company of them more than she ever had her human counterparts. Finding solace with them she never could with her own kind.

In spite of this, she couldn't find the solace she found with Taehyung with a single other Dragon. A feeling of home so strong that she felt restless without seeing hide nor tail of him.

This more than anything, was the cause of her misery.

Dealing with sleepless nights wasn't anything new.  Ire from people she was supposed to find companionship with had never been something she had ever received. Easily handled if she had never gotten the sweet taste of the warmth and comfort Taehyung had to offer.

Hence the morning she was supposed to take her flight test, not only was her nerves abuzz, but she was also dead tired. Afraid that she might fall asleep the moment she got comfortable atop a dragon.

She couldn't afford to fail this test. Not only because she had promised Taehyung, but also because she didn't want to let down Namjoon and all the effort he had put into making sure she got a chance to partake in this test with only a month of training. She also couldn't afford to allow another Rider to bond with him. She couldn't take his life that way.