09. The Bonding Ceremony

Course the first thing Miok did now that he ban to see Taehyung was lifted was to go seek the Violet Wonder out, racing out in search of him the moment she was allowed to leave the med-bay. They were all out in the Training Grounds, so that was where she headed. However, before she found Taehyung, their was a softer voice who called out her name.

Spinning around she came face-to-face with a silver haired Dragon in human form, a smile lifting Miok's lips at seeing the young Dragon. Dressed in the standard white slip that every female Dragon who were yet to be claimed wore, silver hair matted and falling to her waist, the girl still looked prettier than any human could ever hope to. Even her downturned eyes, glazed golden as she stared at Miok, was too pretty.

"Trilly! How are you doing Darling?" Miok asked even as she veered off her initial course. As impatient as she was to see Taehyung, she figured she could delay it for a minute or two.

After all, during her long month of being Taehyung banned, Trilly was among the few Dragon's she had gone to seek companionship on dreary nights that her nightmares were to loud for her to fall asleep. Miok felt she owed as much to the Dragon. Yet, even as she ran a hand through Trilly messy hair, her eyes darted around, hoping to catch sight of the most mesmerising violet scales or even a messy mop of black hair. Impatience thrumming through her veins, wanting to let him in on the good news as well (even if she knew he wouldn't rejoice at it, at least she will not have to bring herself to kill a Dragon).

In her excitement, Miok didn't see the hurt in Trilly's eyes as she watched her seeking out a Dragon that wasn't herself.

"You didn't... me," Trilly started to say, but cut off with a sigh when Miok's eyes snapped back to her. They were crinkled in the corners with kindness as it always was when she looked at her, but right then they were filled with surprise, her wandering attention fixed solely on Trilly just as the Dragon had always wanted. Maybe the current circumstance wasn't exactly the best way to have it, but she'd take it.

Trilly face reflected the betrayel she felt at having been left behind.

She wasn't naïve enough to believe that the though of making her her Dragon had not once crossed Miok's mind. It was written plain as day across her face along with the shock. She could have sworn the human girl had picked up on the subtle hints shed been dropping about her desire to belong to her, to become her Dragon, have her as her Rider. Sworn she had even reciprocated her desire.

So where exactly had everything gone wrong? When had her focus shifted from Trilly to Taehyung?

Had it been because the Violet scaled Dragon was stronger, more powerful than her? Surely that couldn't be it. This was Miok. Sweet, kind Miok who loved Trilly as if she were her best friend.

So then, why him and not her? What did the pretty Rider see in that brute of a Dragon? He didn't even possess basic manners. He hadn't even looked glad as thrilled as Trilly was to even be in Miok's mere presence. He didn't cherish her the way she did. He didn't love Miok the way Trilly did. So why? Why was Trilly being cast aside?

Miok sighed, her hand lifting to gently cup Trilly's cheek, thumb brushing the apples of her cheek with a distant thoughtful look in her eyes. Miok was always gentle. She wasn't like the other humans who touched Trilly. Her touch never bought her pain.

"Some promises aren't meant to be broken dear one," Miok said, a pained look in her eyes, not seeing Trilly even though she looked her right in her eyes. The Rider looked like she carried a heavy burden. A burden Trilly would have loved to share with Miok, if only she was given the chance. Miok's words petered out with another sigh and shake of her head. "I wish I figured this out earlier, before the trials. I could have helped you pick a good Rider -"