00. Prologue~

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

The whir of helicopters filled the air

The whir of helicopters filled the air. Flashing bright lights filtering through the trees. Lighting the forest up as much as casting shadows.

Not enough.

Not enough shadows to hide us.

Jimin's small hand trembled as he clutched Miok's. Both holding on to the other as if thhere were each others life force. The thought of being separated too horrible to even think of.

Jimin's tiny nod was all it took for Miok's body to relax, ready to spring into a run. His confirmation all she need to know the way was clear. To know that they needed to move before the next sweep of both men and helicopter alike.

Not like it mattered. There was no place left to hide.

Their -his- cave had been found out. The forest had been their last chance to escape. Their last choice for hiding out.

Now they were surrounded from all sides. Stepping foot out of the forest would be as much of a death wish as going back into the cave.

"Miok-ah." Jimin's soft voice stopped me right before she could jump to her feet. His fingers holding on to her hand in a hold tight enough to bruise. He hardly noticed.

Worry filled Miok's eyes at his tone as she turned to face him. He cupped one hand over his heart, sweat beading his forehead. His clear dark eyes, visible even in the dark, shining with deep rooted fear.

Cupping his cheek with her free hand, she leaned until their foreheads touched.

She couldn't understand what was happening.

Jimin who had thousand times more stamina than her, yet he was the one perspiring while she hadn't so much as broken a sweat? Why did he sound so strained? As if he was out of breath, when the little reprieve had given her enough time to catch her breath.

"Minie, what's-?" Miok started to ask, but he pressed a finger to her lips. If she'd paid a tad bit more attention, she would've noticed the glow under his fingertips - on the hand that cupped his chest. As it was, his sudden loss of energy terrified her to the point that he was her sole focus. Her attention set on finding out what was wrong than to paying attention to what was happening there.

"Miok. My beautiful, strong, kind Miok. Give me the honor to save you," he whispered, his voice strained to the point it was hard to make out his words. The calloused hand that cupped her cheek trembled so much, her whole body shook.

"No! Minie no. I can't -" she started to say but with an adamant shake of his head, he cut her off again. It didn't matter how loud they were was being. Between the roar of the dragons the hunters were chasing and the ruckus the men themselves made, no one would be able to hear them. At least no one without supernatural hearing.