Chapter Four - Wanna Be Friends

Chapter 4 –  Wanna Be Friends

Eyes still heavy to open, Abby stretched her arms over her head and arched her back. She opened her eyes only to feel a huge headache and it was the most annoying thing to have first thing in the morning. She didn’t remember what happened last night, she usually never remembers anything when she’s high and only remembers when someone reminds her. She knew anyone could take advantage of her if she kept this up but she had nothing to loose. She already lost everything. Life had already taken advantage of her. She sighed and looked at the picture on the bedside table.

Conner…

The picture was taken when he had won the football game. She had run into his arms when she found out. They had been so happy then. Football was Conner’s second love. You’ll always be my first love. He’d always said back then. He had skipped football practices just to spend time with her. He’d always brush her hair because he knew how much she loved it. He had fought his own best friend because he was irritating her. He had always comforted her when she was worrying over her exams. He had always bought her her favorite chocolates.

Conner, you'll make me fat with these chocolates; she had told him once when they were both cuddling under a tree in the school ground. They had always come there at lunch, to cuddle and eat. It was their spot. No one dared to sit there. He was sitting, leaning against the tree and she was in between his legs, leaning her back on his chest, eating the chocolate he had bought her. 

I'll still love you, even if you get fat and chubby; He squeezed her tighter against him. She loved being in his arms and his warmth.

She smiled. She had always loved it when he reminded her how much he loves her. You're gonna spoil me. 

 He kissed her head and pulled her closer. And I'll keep spoiling you till my last breath. That was what his reply had always been.

Before she could stop it, a tear slipped down her eye. Who was gonna spoil her now? Who was gonna tell her how much she was loved? She lost everything. She had the perfect life. Two loving parents. An older overprotective brother. A hot boyfriend who loves you more than anyone else. What more does a girl want. Abby loved every moment of her life. Her parents had taught her to love everything she had. She was the perfect cheerleader. She never hated anyone, never was jealous of anyone. Then why did life take everything away. 

Yeah she lost everything. Life had killed Abby a long time ago, now her body only worked. Everything else is shattered, her soul, her mind and her heart. She turned from a sweet girl to a stoner girl. So yeah, luck wasn’t on her side. The only thing she was holding on to- or holding on to her was her brother Adrian. He was her everything and right now he’s her lifeline and she’s holding on to it. Without him would be no point of living.

She didn’t want to think further so she got up and entered the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror in front of her. Reflecting in the mirror was a sad girl. Her dull, green eyes which used to be bright and shiny. Her long blond hair looked like a rats’ nest. Her pale skin which used to be creamy and begged to be touched. And the aura of sorrow that surrounded her. She wasn’t the same girl Abby was used to when she looked in the mirror. She changed. Abby Changed. 

After a nice hot shower, she got dressed in whatever caught her hand which was a yellow sun dress. She quickly grabbed her bag and went downstairs. Entering the kitchen, she saw Adrian and Jessica making out. Jessica a very warm hearted girl who is engaged to Adrian. Sometimes Abby wondered how a smart girl like Jess loves an idiotic guy like her brother.

Conner was there when they had the big engagement party at their house. Being rich meant inviting the all the friends around town. Conner had worn a suit with blue tie. The tie had matched her blue dress. The engagement party had been fun. They danced, drank and enjoyed. She had been so happy for her brother. There couldn't be a better girl for him than Jessica. She was the perfect match for him.