12

Eddie was working on one of his assignments when someone set down a mug on the corner. He thought for a brief second that it could be Richie, but he realized that Richie was still in class, so it couldn't be his best friend.

He turned and saw Ben smiling softly at him before sitting on Eddie's bed. They were pretty close because Ben and Eddie both spent a lot of time at the library during their senior year of high school (Richie had gotten kicked out for putting "Wet Floor" signs in front of the romance/erotica section).

"How'd you get in here?" Eddie asked, sipping from the cup and enjoying the delicious chocolate flavor that exploded over his taste buds. "Not that I don't love that you're here!"

Ben chuckled, drinking from his own cup. "Bill let me in. Bev and Mike are both at work and I know you and Bill are here so I decided to come visit. It's hard for all seven of us to hang out."

"Mike doesn't work on Wednesday," Eddie pointed out, raising an eyebrow.

"He's been going out a lot lately when he's usually off of work and school," Ben agreed. "I think he's dealing with something, well, someone, that he wants to himself for a little bit."

Eddie shrugged and continued working on his notes. "How are you and Bev doing?" he asked as Ben read his own book for school- a copy of Betty Friedan's Feminine Mystique.

"We're good!" Ben said, pausing in his reading. "Both of us have weird schedules so it's hard to spend a lot of time together, but that's also part of being an adult. Same as you and Richie, I assume?"

Eddie choked on his drink, spilling it all over himself but thankfully not on his homework. "Richie and I aren't dating!" he shrieked.

Ben held his hands up in surrender. "I never said that, Eddie! You two are just attached pretty much 24/7 so it can't be much different."

"We don't kiss though! Or do couple-y stuff or hold hands or... well sometimes we cuddle but it's just because physical comfort is super necessary sometimes!" Eddie exclaimed.

"Alright, relax," Ben said, returning to his book. "I wasn't making assumptions."

Bill entered the room and flopped onto Richie's bed. "I'm happy to make assumptions, and I assume Richie and Eddie are both unaware of their mutual pining that has been around since they were six."

"Go choke on Stan's dick, Bill."

Bill smirked. "Gladly, though he's usually the one choking on mine."

It had been a month and a half since Bill and Stan got together and they hadn't tried to hide it from their friends at all. They were both courteous and stayed quiet at night so that Richie and Eddie could sleep, though Stan tried to convince Bill to make a ruckus just to irritate Richie.

"Okay, too much information for one day," Ben said, slamming his face into his book. "I want to get info from my book, nothing about you and Stan's... intimate hours."

"Sexy times," Eddie added.

Bill scoffed. "You two are so whiny. I'd say you need to get laid, but both of you have the ability. Ben might, but Eddie's a pussy."

"I'm not!"

"Then sleep with Richie!"

Eddie glared at him. "No!"

"I'll give you a hundred dollars."

That caught Eddie's attention. "Really?" he asked, knowing he could get Richie in on it and they could split the money. Besides, Richie wouldn't have to know that he enjoyed it.