1: It Begins Again

"Wake...." A weary worn out voice pleas. "My son...wake...stay....stay."

My eyes bound open and my body lurches forward. A room with dust and dirt covered walls sits barren in front of me. Only a crack in the shedlike ceiling structure aiding any kind of light from a burning sun. I wiped the dust from my forehead, staring down at my brown stained clothes. What? What is that? My son? Who was that? I turned my head to the side. Eyes widened in terror. A skeleton plucked clean lay against the corner of the wall. Arrows that had fallen from wounds lay on the dirty ground around it. My son? I stood up with shaking legs, my hand grasping onto the wall finding nothing to hold.

"You...were my father?" I asked the skeleton. Glancing up at the cracked wood ceiling. Moss had began to grow in the dilapidated shed. "What happened? Is there anyone else left?"

My legs refused to listen but creaked into action. My bones cracking with each step. I reached my hand out to where the door looked to have been. The door had caved in. The little amount of furniture was caked in dust. How many days has it been? Why can't I remember? I clutched my long strands of deep auburn hair. My lip quivered as I faced the skeleton.

"What happened? Why is this happening? Who are you? Who...who am I? Why can't I remember?!" I screamed, hearing a sudden flap of wings outside the shed. I stiffened when the murmurs of voices and the soft flaps of wings came from behind these 4 rotting walls. "Help." Came out as merely a whisper but did I want their help? Who were they? Nevertheless I opened my mouth as wide as I could and allowed my voice to crack as it came rushing out in an awful high pitched scream. My ears felt like they would bleed. My voice echoed through the small shed.

"Hold on!" A raspy deep voice shouted behind where the door was. I winced when my voice stopped coming out. It was all I could muster. Was I saved?

"It sounded...like a banshee..." A second more calming voice commented, worriedly.

"Shut up and help me get this place open. What good would a banshee be stuck in a shed?"

"Trapped, perhaps. From the war?"

"Shut up and help, I said. Do you need your ears fixed? Hm?" The deeper voice growled in annoyance. I stared at the caved in door and waited. Falling to my knees, unable to hold myself up anymore. I was weak. Pale, skinny and worse for wear. My clothes seemed much too small for me yet just right due to how frail my body was. A sliver of light came in through an area of the doorway. Suddenly the doorway opened up blinding me. I covered my eyes.

"No....no way..." The soft calm voice whispered. The crunch of dirt under his feet indicated how truly shocked he must be.

"Who are you? How long have you-" A pale burly man, with long black hair swept back wearing only a baggy set of cotton fabric pants asked; his torso full of tattoos and some scars. I blinked until my eyes adjusted to how bright the light was. His gaze was behind me.

"Help me please. I don't know what's happening...I just woke up. Please help." I pleaded. Suddenly a blonde man, with delicate features and pointy ears peeked from behind the burly man.

"A skeleton. A cannibal?" He questioned out loud. I shook my head.

"No...no don't close it. I am not...that."

"How do you explain the skeleton and the dried blood on your clothes." I shook my head and my eyes fell from the two strangers to the filthy floor.

"I just woke up...please believe me...I just woke up." Tears fell down my dirty face cleaning it for the first time in a long time. The burly man snaked past me, inspecting the arrows.

"Jaan, take him out of the shed. Get him washed up, fed and warmed." He commanded, I sat up straight feeling his hand under my armpit lifting me to my feet.

I struggled to step and instead slid along the floor too light to fall from his gentle grip. I stared at his other hand. He was holding an arrow and had something jingling in his pocket. The blonde was tall and gently built. Jaan, the burly man called him. Jaan inspected me and took me from the other. Swinging an arm around my waist, he clutched me close to his side and helped me walk to a bundle of wood. A fire? Who were they? Jaan hummed softly. A strange tune. He sat me down on a stone by the fire.

"Well then...drink slowly." He instructed handing me a metal tin. A soft smile on his rather handsome face. Burning blue eyes stayed upon me. I nodded, taking a sip. The cool water ran down my dry throat returning my voice to me. I coughed and heaved throwing up to the side of the stone. Jaan rubbed my back. "Slowly. Slowly. It's okay, human."

"I'm sorry..." I cried feeling myself crying once more. "I... don't remember what happened...I don't."

"Hush now, honeypot. It's okay."

"Jaan.." The burly man handed the arrow to Jaan, I watched his expression shift, suddenly hardening in disbelief and sadness.

"This is...an air clan arrow..."

"So it is. I had suspicions but needed you to confirm. 5 to be exact. Two in the palms, two through the eyes and one through the heart. The crucifixion used on villages from 10 years ago." The burly man explained, pulling a small glass from his pocket. "But this, Jaan this is elven. Do you think Twilie would know what it is?"

"Let me see." Jaan jumped to his feet, bringing the bottle to his nose and flinched away. "It...I've smelled this before. But I can't remember the name. Varin, I think we should return to the hidden village. We must show Twilie."

"The boy?"

"Well...he comes with us. There is no way I would leave a defenseless human out here. No way." Jaan grumbles. Varin nodded, raising a hand towards me.

"Come, I will carry you. You are much to weak to walk alone or with assistance." I graciously agreed taking his hand and yelping being carried like a child.

The village was crumbling. Other skeletons lay outside the homes in lines. Arrows lining where they were embedded into the raw flesh. My breath got caught in my throat seeing them hanging from dead trees. Moss was growing on everything. Nature was taking back the land. What happened here? Varin said 10 years ago.

How was I alive if it was 10 years ago?

_____________________________________

Hullo (^-^)/ it's me. I wasn't sure how to approach writing a sequel to Enda. But I hope it seems okay like this. I feel a little rusty. (^-^")