C H A P T E R 3

Avyanna P.O.V

I heard someone calling my name and, I stirred awake. I looked up to see the flight attendant from before, looking at me and saying something.

"Pardon me?" I asked her as I stretched my arms.

"Mam, we are due to land in the next 10 minutes." She said and, I nodded and sat up straight while mumbling a "Thank you," She then proceeded with her work, leaving me alone.

I looked around and saw the men working on the laptops. I rolled my eyes and prepared myself for the landing. I put some moisturizer on myself, as my skin tends to get dry on flights.

Soon enough, we touched the ground and, left the jet but not before I gave some bills to the flight attendant who woke me up. I know it's not allowed but, I gave it to her anyway.

As I was the last one to leave the jet, all of the men saw the exchange, and Richard (father) asked me about it, and I answered, simply, " I loved her service."

They nodded before leading me to the already parked black Cadillac Escalade. Do they don't own any car which is not black?

A man opened the door for me, and I sat inside, thanking him. I put the duffel bag on my lap as I settle my backpack beside me. The seat is wide enough for me to put the backpack beside me.

"You can give it to the man in the passenger seat; he will take care of it," Domenico suggested and I just shook my head in denial.

I then looked out and saw the passing trees. It was thrilling since we got on the road with the least traffic and, we are, passing quickly.

I have a thing for clicking pictures, so I quickly open my duffel bag and take out my camera bag. I unzipped it and took out my camera to click pictures, and soon enough, I had snapped many photos.

As I again focus on the lens, I heard someone saying, " So, you like photography, huh."

The smile on my face which, came up involuntarily, vanished. I nodded mutely. My mood for photography was over, so I put the camera in the bag again. And, now we were on the road, which had only a few occasional houses.

The drive must be a little over half an hour when we entered through a gigantic black gate with De Luca's initials on it in gold. Typical black and gold combo.

We drove through a long driveway before the car stopped in front of the mansion. I wasn't surprised. They have money and, they like to flaunt it. Simple.

Again, a man opened my door. I had my duffel bag in my right hand as I struggle to pass my arms through the slings of my backpack.

"Give me the duffel bag. It will be easy for you." Emiliano said. I looked at him and nodded. I handed him my duffel bag. I need my hands free while I walk in that mansion. Who knows if I need to throw a punch or two?

I make my way inside, followed by the three men. My eyes are taking in every detail of the house. It's not even five minutes in this house since I'm here, and I have already spotted the five cameras installed and another smaller one installed in the white vase with purple flowers.

I mentally rolled my eyes when I saw a string tied at the end of the hallway. Seriously, this prank. So old. Let's see how this works.

I continued walking and, soon enough, I felt the ice-cold water pouring on me. I stopped and, my head bends down. Thank the divine, I had my hoods up, so my hair is dry. My hood is covering half of my face as I face down.

I heard some gasps from behind me, probably three men. Following their gasps, I heard laughter; Very loud laughs.

I heard people run, and approach where we are standing. But, they stopped laughing, all of a sudden. There is silence as I continued to wait for the right time to speak something.