C H A P T E R 6

Third-person P.O.V

Everyone in the living room is looking at Avyanna but, her eyes are fixed on her phone as she types, quickly.

Antonio and, Edgardo are lowkey impressed by her typing skills. Everyone else is waiting for her to get comfortable before starting.

Though, all of the siblings are looking forward to this session but, for different reasons.
Older ones want to set clear to Avyanna the basic set rules of this household. While younger ones want to see more of Avyanna's counter to the rules.

"Avyanna, let's start, shall we?" Giovanni said to which she nodded and looked up, pocketing her phone.

"First of all, Avyanna, I want to complete what I was saying in the dining room. We are very happy to have you back with us, happiness that can't be expressed in words-" Richard started as he is interrupted by Avyanna in middle.

"- Oh for god's sake, stop it. I know you are not happy. We know that you would have rather sent me somewhere else. Ok, Got it. Stop your freaking monologue, dude." Avyanna snapped, again surprising everyone.

She took a quick deep breath before opening her mouth again, knowing she has a lot to speak, now. She is done giving them chances to speak and, then hear them talking, which are all lies and meaningless for her.

Avyanna P.O.V

"You said you want to impose some rules on me. Well, not gonna happen. We discuss the rules and, the rules that I find unreasonable are not gonna be passed by me.

I will speak fast and, to the point, so better keep up your listening skill."

I sat in a more comfortable position and, started listing off my standpoints for the "rules".

"Your first and, most basic rule will be related to respect. To give you and, others respect and, to always listen to them, just because you are old. Well, not fine by me. I'm sure you must have heard the truthful idiom that Respect is earned not Given.

And, you, people are going, in fact, in the negative," I paused in the middle and let out a chuckle-cum- scoff, before continuing, "but, since Im better, the usual respect that one gives to older strangers that you will receive but, one makes a move and, you might lose that, too."

My voice turned cold at the end of the sentence, which I could see surprised them. I, then, looked in the eyes of Emiliano, before continuing, since I knew, he would have the most problem with this rule.

"Next, you would not want me to swear etc. So, let me tell you, that I speak 3 languages, that are English, Profanity, and Sarcasm. So, yeah that won't happen, but, I will try to limit it since we have minors around."

I stopped for a moment and, glanced toward surprised Charlotte, and, Edgardo.

But, before they can retort, I continued since I wanted to get this over with.

"Next, the rule will be to not have a boyfriend. First, it's very sexist of you to restrict me since I know that the people present in this room must have dated if not done anything more, when they were around our age and, also to think that I only like boys, I can also swing the other way or, both ways."
My voice slightly went excited at the last before I cleared my throat and, compose myself before the now gawking people.