••senior year??••

school, is an intellectual wasteland of coarse

school, is an intellectual wasteland of coarse. it's where people only care about their outer images towards a bunch of people we probably won't still be friends with in 10 years time. i don't believe in all that cliché "stick to the status quo" crap.

well here i am. skylar stevenson, a pretty, caramel haired girl standing at the elongated red and white doors that lead to the eden hall academy.
am i shaking? well yes wouldn't you be? it's normal for a freshman to be going to a new school in which they wouldn't have pre—made friendships from the past. although moving from austin, texis all the way to edina, Minnesota i could almost fully assure myself i wouldn't meet eyes with any familiar faces.

"hello, it's my first day today, and i was wondering if i could get my schedule and locker number?" i asked the woman at the front secretaries office desk.
"oh hello! why yes of coarse! and who might you be?"
"skylar stevenson, ma'am!"
"ahh yes of coarse! here you are dear" the kind woman said to me, as she handed me my new schedule along with my new locker number.
well that wasn't so bad after all, i guess that's one thing to tick off of my list.
as i walked to the hall, tightly grasping my school bag, with my now, anxiously sweating palms, i couldn't help but notice a few boys staring me up and down. some looked as if they were jocks, some even now from the grades below.
it's not that i'm a socially awkward person or anything, it's just that i've never received this much male attention. i'm quite a late bloomer, so the lady shape only started to really kick in this year, and i guess that's why all these stares are coming in. or maybe it's just because i'm new, who were i to know.
i finally made it to my locker after what seemed like over an eternity of me trying to find it.
locker 248::
as i fiddled for a while trying to open it i only just started to realize how much of a noise i was making. most people's attention had gone from their friend groups, or their unfinished homework, to me. gosh, now this, is embarrassing stuff.
"hey cutie, need some help with that?" i looked over to see a pretty good looking tall, blonde haired, and blue eyed boy standing in front of me, he had a middle part in his hair, and a cocky smirk whilst looking me up and down. sure he was cute, but definitely not my type. i've seen enough hallmark movies to know that these guys aren't any good at all.
" uh—oh um yes please" i quietly and nervously pleaded the tall boy.
he was towering over me fiddling with my lock. his ear was right next to the padlock trying to figure out the code from everytime it would tick in his ear.
after two minutes or so he had finally managed to open it.
" your code combination is 4882 sweetheart, oh and by the way, the names adam banks".
i just smiled and nodded, looking like an idiot, because i had completely and utterly forgotten how social interaction really works. the boy who was towering over me only a few minutes ago, had now bent down lower on his knees, coming closer to my height. and he asked me.
" and do you have a name now pretty girl? or can i call you mine".
right of coarse i was right, he's one of those boys.
" yeah ummmm my names skylar, but why don't you call me, it's never gonna happen".
and with that, being the powerful independent young woman i am, i slammed my locker right in his face, leaving the boy with only a pale, confused expression.