¹²

</3

Crown Princess of the Northern Empire :
Y/n

~

" 'Life is Meaningless' Huh...The choice of book is surely interesting princess," A new voice you didn't recognised said. You looked up and made eye contact with the said male.

He looked... really familiar but you couldn't put a finger on it.

~

"Thank you. This book is really relatable, 10/10 would read it again. You should read it sometime," You suggested monotonuously as you looked back and continued reading, not bothered at all by the male's presence.

The said male could only chuckle at your response. Now some of you may be asking, where in the world was Azule? Well... Azule had went in to get you some water when he suddenly had to entertain some albino trash. Poor Azule. Press F in the chat to pay respect.

The male in front of you looked really familiar. However, you couldn't really identify him. It was itching you so bad. "Say, I've never seen you here before, yet you look awfully like somebody I know. Care to introduce yourself?" You asked, shutting your book close aggressively.

"Hmm... Of course princess. Kosair Lilder Trovi. Honoured to be in the presence of the princess. You know, Navier talks about you a lot..." He said, obviously hinting that he was related to Empress herself.

'ah... no wonder he seemed familiar. I knew Navier had a brother but I didn't know he was alive... oops?'

You smiled irritatingly. "Really? She said things about you too... though I wouldn't consider them good things," You teased the male. Clearly what you said was a lie, you just wanted to poke some fun. "Anyway, sitting here in the hot sun wouldn't do us any good, care to join me in a little game of chess inside? I heard from Navier you were spectacular at the game." You said standing up, ignoring the outstretched hand Kosair gave you.

"I'd be honoured to be joining the princess in a game or two," amused, Kosair played along.

~

Halfway, you met Azule. He was surprised to see you with the Lord. You were never a fan of social interactions, so what was this all about? Nonetheless, he didn't bother to verbally question your actions. From the corner of the room, he observed both you and Kosair during the not so quiet game of chess.

"Princess, why did you offer to play a game with chess with this lowly peasant? Your turn." Kosair said dramatically as he moved his knight two squares to the left and one square vertically. Picking up your white pawn, you said "I could ask you the same thing, why did you agree to a game of chess with me? And lowly peasant? I beg to differ Lord Kosair Trovi. But I'll answer your question. Its simple, I simply have no one to play chess with other than Azule, and I keep losing to him, I need to boost my ego somehow," You shrugged, putting the piece down.

The game went on. Though the two of you were joking around, the heavy tension in the room could not be ignored. Right... Azule knew you were THAT competitive, but he didn't think Kosair would be as competitive. Azule stood there uncomfortably, contemplating whether to stop the game or not.

~

"Well, that was a fun match wasn't it?" You asked, stretching your arms up. You were there for hours, not noticing how late it was getting. From one match to two, then became three and then four. "It sure was princess, though I'm not sure if I could handle much more pain after this," Kosair put his hand on his heart, pretending to be hurt.