¹⁴

</3

Crown Princess of the Northern Empire :
Y/n

~

The New Years Ball was around the corner and instead of enjoying the beautiful weather like any other sane person, you were stuck in your quarters signing documents and looking at ledgers of the empire. Where was Azule you may ask. Well, Azule had left earlier, saying he had to get something done. 'His facial mask? He has been doing this routinely everyday.'

Always disappearing when you were doing your royal duties then reappearing again when you finished. 'That good for nothing assistant!'

You cursed Azule for leaving you to do these boring duties alone when you should be doing hi- ahem- when you should be out there enjoying the snow. yes... definitely that and totally not something else haha what?

With the New years Ball nearing, you were also reminded that your coronation was also nearing. Ah... after all these months you totally forgot about it. You disregarded that thought, the thought that you are the heir to the throne. You felt bad for leaving your citizens without a proper leader. They deserved it, but you being selfish, completely ignored that and went on with your little adventure elsewhere.

Were you really deserving of the title? Did you deserve to be called 'Empress'- no screw that. did you even deserve being called 'Crown Princess of the Northern Empire'?

Deep inside, guilt was building up in your systems. Tears threaten to fall down your cheeks. You were tired. Everyone was, heck even Azule was tired. Maybe that was why he went out... to get away from you for at least a moment.

Opening the drawer, there lies your mother's crown. The gemstones on it sparkled and shimmered in the moonlight seeping through the large open window nearby. Though you didn't really knew your mother that well, you heard amazing stories of her from your father. He really did sound like he was a high school girl talking about her crush. You let out a soft chuckle as those memories with your father replayed in your head.

Right next to the crown was a bunch of letters that always didn't fail to reach you every once in a while. This mysterious person really didn't know how to give up. This admirer kept sending letters via Heinrey, much to his dismay, regardless of whether they had gotten a reply from you or not. Furthermore, it always didn't fail to put a smile on your face. Then, realisation hit you. You were really going to miss this when you go back.

Is it possible

"Princ-"

To make this happiness

"-ess? Your Majesty?"

Last forever?

"Y/n!"

You were brought back to reality as Azule looked at you in concern. He had finally came back and found you staring off into the distance. He had called for your attention multiple times earlier but all attempts were a fail. It wasn't like you to doze off like that. "Huh...? Azule? Oh you're back..." You blankly said with little to no energy.

"Y/n... are you okay?" Azule hesitantly asked, noticing your change in attitude. It was the first time since 17 years ago that he had called you by your name. Your name sounded foreign coming from his mouth.

However, he got no response. He looked at you in concern. Walking over to you, he took both your hands in his and pulled you up. Without muttering a single thing nor letting go of your hands he had successfully brought you outside, to the garden, and sat you down on onne of the benches.

You just silently (and unconsciously) followed him. He sat next to you, still grasping your hands tenderly in his. "Y/n? Do you want to talk about it?" Azule asked softly. He was willing to listen to you with open arms. [We believe in Azule supremacy]

"Azule... tell me honestly. Am I a good person? I left my kingdom right after father's death, and I left all my responsibilities as-" You couldn't control yourself anymore.

Tears welled down your cheeks as you pathetically sobbed in Azule's arms [Lol yall wish that was you huh]

Without hesitation, he cradled you in his arms, not wanting to let go. 'So that's why you were acting like that...' It was silent the time. Don't worry, it wasn't awkward. Instead, you found it comforting, along with his hug. "I think you would be an amazing empress someday. You've grown so much, from the idiot i knew 16 years ago to the not so mature yet caring young lady I now know and fell for," He whispered the last part so you wouldn't hear it, his words seemed to make you feel jittery inside.

"Ah- well this was supposed to be a gift for New Years but I guess now's a good time too..." He said, pulling away from the hug, handing you a small rectangular box. Immediately, you opened the box, taking out a hairpin that glistened ethereally in the moonlight.

"It's not much but I asked for it to be customized," Azule said as he took the hairpin from your hands.

"Fit for a pretty princess," he continued as he clipped it in your hair for you, pushing your hair back behind your ears and smiled in satisfaction. Air was literally pushed out of his lungs when he felt your arms circle around his torso, head comfortably hanging on his shoulders. His face turned as red as the roses in the rose bush behind them as he proceeded to hug you back.

For the next hour or so, you stayed that way. "Y/n..." Azule called out, getting a soft hum as a response.. "The moon is very beautiful tonight isn't it?" He said.

The only response he had gotten was a soft but steady breathing. Okay, maybe you were snoring a little. He chuckled at the sight under him. You were still the girl he admired since he was 5. He lied earlier, you never changed, and that was what he liked about you.

"Ah...she's asleep. I guess I'll try harder next time," Azule said to no one in particular. Picking you up in his arms, he brought you back to your quarters.

~

Gently, he lowered you down onto your bed as he kissed your forehead goodnight. As he was about to leave, he noticed the huge pile of unfinished paperwork on your desk.

He sat on the chair as he took out his glasses and a pen and began completing the unfinished paperwork with multiple glances at you to ensure that you were alright. It was going to be a long night for Azule, but it was worth it for him.

~

HELLO! Here is a little Azule content cause why not right? Ahaha plus, I've seen some comments saying how it was stupid for Y/n to leave just like that but like I'M SORRY I COULDN'T FIND ANY OTHER EXCUSE TO MAKE Y/N LEAVE! But yeah I'm fine. Here in this book, there is no such thing as common sense... here we just bully r!sht! and manipulate s!vieshit :D

well hope you liked this chapter, and if you don't then... you have no taste, Azule is da best

lol I clearly favour Azule more :P

YEA SO BYEBYE SEE YOU NEXT TIME!!

~