Billie

Y/n's POV

I didn't go to my room. I figured that it was too obvious. Instead, I ran into the lift that lead to the outside. The outside that was deadly. I pressed the up button and got in.

Just before I reached the top and was exposed to the radiation, I clicked the emergency stop button and the lift came to a standstill.

I slid down the wall and held my knees up to my chest for a while, my sobs filling the air. I felt alone and I wasn't sure why.

I couldn't believe she had actually burned it in front of me. The way she was so cold, when I was crying, terrified me, but there was something in her eyes. As if she wanted to say something, but was holding back.

Surely she hadn't actually done that? I was just dreaming right? Mum would never hurt me like that.

My body shook slightly as I let out the rest of my sadness.

"You called me again, drunk in your Benz
Driving home under the influence
You scared me to death, but I'm wasting my breath
'Cause you only listen to your fucking friends
I don't relate to you
I don't relate to you, no
'Cause I'd never treat me this shitty
You make me hate this city
And I don't talk shit about you on the internet
Never told anyone anything bad
'Cause that shit's embarrassing, you were my everything
And all that you did was make me fucking sad
So don't waste the time I don't have
Don't try to make me feel bad
I could talk about every time that you showed up on time
But I'd have an empty line, 'cause you never did
Never paid any mind to my mother or friends, so I
Shut 'em all out for you 'cause I was a kid
You ruined everything good
Always said you were misunderstood
Made all my moments your own
Just fucking leave me alone" I sobbed the lyrics into the silence. I'd never thought about how much they related to Mum.

My tears stopped. I stopped feeling sorry for myself and decided to go and see Billie, surely she would think what Ms Venable did was evil, so I pushed myself up from the wall and pressed the down button on the lift, arriving at ground floor again.

I could hear Ms Venable screaming at someone in the dining room, so I ran to Billie's room and knocked lightly. No answer.

"Billie?" I whispered as I pushed open the door.

I was met with the sight of people surrounding my Mum's body.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!"  I yelled.

"She's dead ma'am," the outpost doctor said solemnly.

"Wh... what? Billie?" I dropped down on the bed next the the blonde, taking her cold hand in my own.

"What happened?" I asked quietly, tears running down my face again.

"Your Mother passed from a psychological condition, that slowly chewed her from the inside-out. We've had a few cases of it down here, it's the trauma from the bombs that does it, sort of like a silent and invisible shell shock," he explained.

"May I have a minute?" I whispered, he nodded and everyone left.

"Mum," I sobbed, pulling her light body close to me, "I'm so so sorry that I wasn't here. Wilhelmina just hurt me and I came to talk to you but I guess I can't. I love you so much, Mum. So, so, so much. You're all I had left and now I don't have you and I'm alone again, please come back," I cried into her softly.

"She's gone." A cold voice said from behind me.

I did nothing. I said nothing. I just held Mum's body a little tighter, as if protecting her from the venomous snake in the room.

"You need to let go,"

I just shook my head, my mind elsewhere.

"SHE'S DEAD!" She shouted this time.

And with that, I kissed Mum lightly on the temple and walked from the room in silence, not sparing Ms Venable a glance as I left.