Chapter 1 - The Girl Who Lived

Hello and very welcome to the first chapter of this book... take number 2. xD It's a whole lot different so I hope you enjoy.
PS: Cady is really angry in this one. I just realised that I'm dropping the f bomb a couple of times but don't worry she'll calm down soon😅
Now enjoy.

Cady

Cady sank onto her knees as her screams were filling the air of the night, deep down inside the forbidden forest.

There was chaos around her. Trees caught in flames, patches of grass burned and her friends laying limply on the ground.

She looked up. Her friend who turned out to be her enemy towered above her. An evil, psychopathic smile on her face as she took her by the throat dragging her up on her eye level.

Now this... this was not how Cady imagined her first year at a new school would end. But let's start from the beginning.

————

It was the end of another miserable day in Illinois, Chicago as Cady crawled into her bed. Her head was spinning, her lungs burning and her legs aching, exhausted from sprinting all the way back home from school.

Fuck them. She thought. Fuck them all.

But if she was honest with herself, the people around her scared the living shit out of her. The way they talk, the way they act, the way they think, were just like little threats waiting around the corner.

What did she do to deserve all of this? 3 Different schools, 4 different classes and she was still treated like Satans youngest daughter.

Oh what she would give to get away from this place. Away from Chicago, away from this school, away -

"CADY JANE HERON!" from her so called 'family'.

She groaned as she dragged herself down the stairs, already dreading the idea of having dinner with the Cheswicks.

As she entered the living room they were already waiting at the dinner table, following her movement with a steady gaze.

"About time."

'I'm sorry' Cady murmured, nervously sitting down beside her cousin.

They ate silently - much to Cady's delight - and Cady was counting down the seconds until she could get back to her room again, until her mind slowly started to get foggy and she heard little voices in the distance, as if they were buried inside her deepest subconsciousness, getting louder and more present with every second that passes.

Not now. Cady thought. Not them. Not her.

I'll celebrate when she's finally out of the house.

She wants it, she just doesn't know it yet.

She'd disappear and no one would know.

Their thoughts were running through Cady's mind at a hundred miles per hour, taking in every remaining space inside her head. She couldn't hear her own thoughts, just theirs. Their cruel words towards her and her uncles disgusting fantasies about his secretary.

Her head hurt. Everything got too much. Her brain felt like it was on fire.

"ENOUGH!" Cady slammed her hands on the table. One single pearl of sweat was rolling down her temple and the exhaustion was showing through her furious eyes.

"Enough! Don't worry I'm counting the days by now until I can finally leave this shit hole. No need to remind me that I have to stay here for 2 more years! And you!" She pointed at Regina. "Want me to help you with planning my perfect assassination? Because death sounds like a sanctuary by now. And you!" Cady pointed at her uncle who was clenching his jaw.