Chapter 5 - The Morning After

Hello and very welcome to chapter 5. this is kind of a filling chapter I wrote instead of sleeping but hey we all need one of those sometimes. I hope y'all are doing alright and I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. Have fun.

Janis

Mornings have always been Janis' least favorite time of the day. Any time she had to be awake, really, but mornings were the worst.

This particular morning even more so. 

She sat in her usual seat at the Ravenclaw table with her head in her hands desperately trying to ignore the enthusiastic conversations around her. It was too loud. Too many people talking at once at an unbearable pace. The golden plates were clattering and the screeching sounds of knifes scraping along the plate's surface made Janis shiver. 

God she hated weekdays. Whoever thought it was a great idea to not give students coffee, on the days they need it most, should get a one way ticket to Azkaban.

Especially today she could've used a whole gallon of the dark delicious liquid of life, after a night of no sleep at all.

Janis didn't even think of sleep after the encounter she had with Cady. Her story haunted Janis, giving her an uneasy feeling, while Dalí was gently snoring beside her feet. She felt bad for leaving her so soon. Leaving her in the most vulnerable state, after she shared such a big part of her. All of it because she was scared to get another week of detention.

Stupid. Janis thought. You're really fucking stupid.

Suddenly a familiar scent filled the air and Janis head instinctively shot up. The smell of pink pepper, grapefruit and ginger, was so nostalgic it made Janis heart skip a beat. It felt like a distant memory being revoked every time Aaron was walking past her.  A memory she wanted to keep hidden forever. 

She proceeded to look at him, as a sudden wave of melancholy washed over her. To think that Aaron was her best friend, always felt like a knife being twisted inside her chest.

She trusted and loved him like her own brother, yet he betrayed her. And to this day she didn't know why-

"Hello fellow space alien" Janis was brought back to reality by Damians voice right next to her ear.

"Hello favorite gay." Janis smiled her gaze now following the two ceramic mugs Damian placed in front of her.

"Is that-" She took one of the mugs, bringing it close to her face, inhaling the delicious smell of coffee.

Damian smiled proudly, cradling one of the mugs in both of his hands. "I may or may not have a friend who's on kitchen duty today... he owed me a favor." 

"God I love you." Janis murmured into the mug before taking a big gulp of her drink.

"Ew." Damian said, looking at Janis as she kept drinking, with a satisfied smile on his face.

"So." he said, scanning the food which was displayed in front of them. "Any specific reason why you were out so long last night?"

Janis' brows furrowed as she looked at him. "How do you-"

"The door slammed shut and you're the only one who's dumb enough to sneak out at night even though this dickhead wants to get you expelled." He nodded into Aarons direction.

"I just couldn't sleep." Janis mumbled, hoping to not get further into this discussion.

"You sure it has nothing to do with your new girlfriend?" Damian asked, giving her a challenging smile