Chapter 4 - Welcome to Hogwarts

Wait what? I'm alive? Crazy I know. In case you forgot about me, Hi! It's me, Jule. I started writing this last year and just stopped because apparently life hates me. I have a full time job, working 9 hours a day, without a break, being underpaid as hell. I try to go to the gym 3 times a week to keep my sanity AND I'm expected to have a social life... Also depression. Anyways, enough wining.

I'm trying to me more active from now on, and I already have so many new ideas for this book, I'm excited. I also am currently writing a new Oneshot which is a whole lot longer than my other ones and the thought of you reading it already excites me.

And last but not least I wanna thank maybeimamuppet without this incredible human this chapter would've turned out a whole lot differently plot wise. Much love <3

Now... enjoy!

Cady

A few hours earlier

Excitement shot through Cady as the heavy wooden doors to Hogwarts opened, inviting them into the massive building which would be her home for the year. It was just as beautiful as it was on the outside.

The fire of torches let the stone walls shine in a beautiful warm and welcoming yellow tone, staircases were slowly moving in a perfect rhythm, making it seem like a never-ending maze with endless possibilities. The walls were covered with paintings from every art period Cady had ever learned about, but the fascinating thing about them weren't the beautiful colors and the gorgeous motifs. The pictures were moving. Princesses were greeting them with little bows while some even spoke to them, wishing them a great first year at Hogwarts.

There were no thoughts in Cady's head and a welcoming warmth radiated through her as she was admiring the beautiful architecture around her... everything else was fading away.

But the beautiful moment of silence and admiration got cut short as they already arrived at the great hall. The door was closed, and a middle-aged woman dressed in a green satin robe with a black hat was waiting for them, impatiently tapping her fingers onto the railing.

The talking died down at once and all the attention was on the intimidatingly beautiful woman in front of them. She was tall and slim. Her green eyes were bright green like the ones of a cat, making them seem almost threatening. Yet her gaze was soft as she scanned through the crowd of students.

"Good evening students. Welcome to Hogwarts." She started. Her voice was high with a slightly firm tone in it. "Before you take your seats in the great hall, you will be sorted into your houses... The sorting is a very important ceremony... As long as you're here, your house will be like your family. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend most of your free time in your common room.

The four houses are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin." She paused in-between the names of the four houses. As if she was expecting a specific reaction from them. Some did. Some cheered when the house Gryffindor was mentioned and moaned as soon as the word Slytherin escaped the woman's mouth.

Suddenly as the teacher went on, it seemed like every mind around her started acting up at once, making it impossible for Cady to focus. Everything was a blur. It's unbearable. Too many thoughts. Too loud, too aggressive, too scary. It all melted together. She wanted to run but she couldn't. Her head started pounding, her face was burning and her grip on the railing tightened with every second.