A theory I believed.

Am I dead... am I...?

I am not feeling my limbs, but I feel... Energetic.

I tried to move... but I felt like I had extra... limbs?

I opened my eyes; my vision was blurry but I felt like I could see the wall in front of me.

I assumed that I was laying on my back so I tried to get up the way I always used to.

But how... I don't feel my arms... even my legs... I felt paralysed.
I opened my eyes to a blurry dark place.

Despite it being dark; I could see a little area as if I had a short sight.
I was met with a brown wall that looked fragile and weak.

The texture was similar to dry dirt and it went all the way to the roof.

When I looked down I was met with some kind of dry white substance that covered the entire floor.

I tried to get up to just get myself to understand what's going on.
When I lifted my arm in front of my eye I had the urge to scream.

It... it's.. WHERE IS MY HAND?
My arm... no... my.. arms... they're all hairy fingerless poles.

What's happening... all I remember was that... What was it again?... I can't remember.

I tried to get up but it felt impossible... how am I supposed to get up... with only these weird limbs.

I tried to figure out how to stand up... I was panicking. I didn't know what to do.

I just kept pulling my limbs in and out trying to stand up normally.

Suddenly I remembered. I am not a human... so what's the point.
I stopped for a little to catch my breath... but I was not breathing,

I couldn't suck air in and let it out. I felt like this is not even my own body anymore.

If I can't stand up like a human then... I slowly moved one of my limbs on the ground and lifted what seemed to be my "body".
Normally I thought I'd be heavy... but I was so light.

I thought it was because of these arms I had, but I am not sure.
I got up and looked around... I was in a small room that does not even look like a room.

It felt like a trench... a hole... something an animal would dig up and call it their home.

I slowly rotated myself around this strange place till I located a dark hole on one of the walls.

I assumed was the exit so I slowly walked out there and the moment I did; I wished I stayed and died back there.

Thousands... MILLIONS OF SPIDERS WALKING AROUND THE AREA CLIMBING THE WALLS... RUNNING QUICKLY. JUST THE SIGHT OF THEM MADE MY HEART SINK TO THE BOTTOM OF MY CHEST, THE MOMENT I SAW THEM.

My legs moved on their own and dragged me back to that burrow place.

Ok... ok calm down... L-.
...

I was about to say my name...
but... I forgot.

What's my name...?
I kept trying to remember but all I could figure out was the first letter.

My head hurts bad as the thought of the spiders out there make me shrivel in fear.

I decided that there is no time to think of a name and decided to go with what's at least the closest and simplest to remember.

L...- L...- Lu- Lucy.
It's decided.
My name is Lucy....
Lucy...
I love this name.

While I was cherishing my new name, I noticed there was a puddle of water next to the hole of my burrow.