Chapter 32

Renesmee's P.O.V

I got to Jacob's house and pulled up to his house. I turned the car off, exited, and opened the passenger seat door. I got Sophia out, set her on the ground, and grabbed her hand. I approached the door and knocked. A minute later, the door opened, and I saw Billy.

"Hey, Renesmee. How are you?" Billy asked.

"I'm good," I responded.

"That's good."

Billy looked down at Sophia.

"Oh hey there, little fellow. I'm guessing this must be Sophia," Billy said.

"Yes. Say, hi, Sophia." I said.

"Hi," Sophia said.

Billy smiled at her, then glanced back at me.

"So, what brought you here?" Billy asked.

"Is Jacob here? I'm dropping her off." I responded.

"Yeah, he's in the garage."

"Okay, thanks."

"See ya."

"You too."

I headed toward the garage, walked in, and coughed to get his attention.

"Jacob," I said.

Jacob stopped what he was doing and looked up at me. When he saw me, he had a shocked look on his face. It was like he didn't expect me to be here.

"Hey," I said.

Jacob got up and wiped his hands. He asked, "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"I came to drop Sophia off. She's going to stay the night with you." I said, picking her up and putting her on my hip.

"Why? I mean, you've never dropped her off here before," Jacob said.

"She wants to see you. She has been talking about you a lot now."

"Oh."

"Yeah, she has been missing you a lot."

Jacob walked over to me. "Oh," he said.

Jacob put his hands out to her for me to give her to him. Sophia extended her arms towards him. He grabbed her, and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

My eyes widened at how attached she was to him. "I can see why now," I exclaimed.

"Yeah," Jacob said.

Jacob played with her hair, and I smiled. "Well, here's her bag," I said.

"Thanks," Jacob said.

Jacob took it and set it down on the ground with his things. He then looked at me with a tight-lipped expression. He seemed preoccupied, but I ignored it.

"I guess I better go," I said, backing away and turning around.

"Yeah, you better go," Jacob said. "You don't want to keep Isaac waiting."

"What?"

"You know what I'm talking about."

"Jacob."

"Just go."

Jacob grabbed Sophia's bag, headed inside the door, and closed it behind him.

I felt the rejection as if someone had shattered my heart into pieces. I left the garage, went to my car, and returned to my house.

Upon reaching my house, I shut off the car, and my mind turned to Jacob's avoidance. Then, I fell inside me again and started getting teary. I wiped away my tears, took a deep breath, pulled my phone out, and called Isaac. He could make me feel better. After five beeps, he answered.