Chapter 15

Renesmee's P.O.V

Twelve hours later, I woke up on someone's shoulder in a car. I turned to see Mason right beside me.

"Morning, sleepyhead," Mason said.

"Morning," I said.

Mason kissed me on the cheek, and I kissed him back.

I felt a vibration in my bag and broke the kiss to dig through my purse for my phone. I found my phone and unlocked my screen to see a message from Jacob. It said...

Your family and I are coming to save you. We know where you are.

I texted back...

What? Why? How do you know where I am?

Jacob responded.

We figured it out. Mason butt-dialed me, and we figured something was up.

I replied...

Jacob, I'm alright, but I need some time away.

A minute later, Jacob responded...

Look, they're getting ready to do something to you. I overheard it on the phone.

I glanced at Mason, who gave me a warm smile. Then, I turned my head and responded to Jacob's text.

That's not what I'm buying. Mason would never hurt me.

Jacob responded again...

It may seem like that, but I would never lie.

The truth was undeniable. Jacob and I had been friends since childhood, and he had never lied to me. I felt confused and unsure about what to believe.

I texted back...

I have to go.

Jacob responded....

Wait, Renesmee!

I put my phone in my pocket, and Mason looked at me with a concerned look. "Who was that?" he asked.

"That was Jacob. He was texting me about something." I responded.

"What is it?"

I needed to know if he was lying to me.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"I'm taking you to a hotel. We are going sightseeing," Mason responded.

"Then why did my best friend text me, saying they heard you saying you're going to do something to me?"

Mason's eyes widened. "Oh....they heard that?" he asked.

I ignored his question. I asked, "Is that true?"

"No... No, it's not true. I love you." Mason responded.

My eyes widened. Mason had never spoken those words to me.

"You love me?" I inquired.

"Yes," Mason responded.

Do I love him? I must be because I gave myself to him last night.

"I love you, too," I said.

Mason smiled and kissed me on the lips.

Jacob's P.O.V

I turned off my phone and put it in my pocket. Did Renesmee even believe me?

Bella looked at them with a concerned expression. She asked Jacob, "What did she say?"