Chapter 5

Jacob's P.O.V

Following the patrol, it is around nine or ten. I headed toward Emily's with Embry and Quil by my side. We talked and made jokes until I realized I had forgotten about Renesmee as I reached the front of the house. Ignoring whatever Embry had to say, I dashed into the house.

I walked into the kitchen and noticed that Renesmee wasn't there. Instead, Emily was there, smiling at me. She told me, "She's sleeping on the couch. You should take her home."

I nodded and said, "Okay, thanks."

As I entered the living room, I saw Renesmee sleeping on the couch, her head resting on a plush, fluffy pillow. At that moment, everything faded away as I dropped to my knees and admired her. She looked so beautiful, her hair to the side and her cheeks rosy red. I pulled a piece of her hair behind her ear. I could not see her eyes, but I knew they were beautiful. Her eyes flickered, revealing the same lovely shade of brown as her mother's.

"Hey, beautiful," I said.

Renesmee sat up and stretched. She felt her muscles relax. Her eyes sparkled when she looked at me. She smiled and asked, "Hi, how long was I asleep?"

"I don't know. I just arrived to take you home," I responded.

Renesmee nodded. I stood up from the floor and felt the stiffness in my muscles. "We should leave," I suggested.

I extended my hand towards her, and she accepted it, rising to her feet with no emotion.

I looked at Nessie and felt worried. I furrowed my brow. I asked, "Nessie, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing."

"It doesn't seem like anything."

I turned her face to meet mine. "Tell me," I requested.

Renesmee sighed and said, "It's about us, but it's about my life."

"What about your life?" I asked.

"I want to make friends and explore romantic relationships at high school."

My love for her ran deep, like an endless ocean, and I only wanted her happiness.

"I do, too," I said.

Renesmee's eyes got wider. They showed her excitement and curiosity. She asked, "You do?"

"I can't believe it, but yes. You should have a life. I can't force myself not to let you date other people. It's your choice to do what you want," Jacob responded.

Renesmee beamed, lighting up the room. "Thanks," she said.

"We should head home now," I suggested.

Renesmee nodded with a small smile. "Okay," she agreed.

Leaving Emily's place, we hopped on my roaring motorcycle and set off toward the cottage.

When we arrived, Bella stormed out of the cottage with fury. She said, "You're late. I have worried."

"Sorry, I fell asleep on the couch at Emily's house," Renesmee responded.

Bella's eyes welled with gratitude as she looked at me, thankful I had brought her daughter home. She said, "Thanks for driving her home."

I nodded and looked at Renesmee and Bella. Then, I got on my motorcycle and started my journey home.

Renesmee's P.O.V

Jacob left. I went inside and found comfort in the kitchen. I removed my shoes next to the door. I walked into the kitchen and felt the cool tiles under my feet. I grabbed water from the fridge. Then, I went into my bedroom. I closed the door and changed clothes. I put on my pajamas. Afterward, I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and washed my face. I then went to bed.

The next day, I awoke to two birds chirping and dragged myself out of bed to shower. I got dressed and picked out my hair. After letting my hair air dry, I put my towel on the rack, left the bathroom, and headed to my bedroom to put on my sneakers. I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in," I yelled.

My mom walked into the room, smiling. "Hey, sweetie, can we chat?" she asked.

Curiosity sparkled in my eyes. Glancing at Mom, I asked, "What's up?"

"Your father and I talked since yesterday, and we are letting you date people your age."

I nodded my head.

"Is that okay with you?" Mom inquired.

"Yeah, of course," I responded.

"Great, but nothing too serious until you have grown."

I nodded.

"You understand?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, I understand. Thanks, Mom." I responded.

As my mom left my bedroom, the door closing echoed through the room. I luxuriated on my bed, sinking into the soft mattress, and smiled, feeling happy. I cannot believe I can date now. After my piano practice, I have to tell everyone.

 After my piano practice, I have to tell everyone

Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked it.

Please vote, comment, and share!