Chapter 6

Seokjin was almost shaking with his anger. He felt the horrible effects of chemical stress pouring out into his system and mixing unpleasantly with adrenaline from the call.

He knew he was reacting as badly as he was because he was reaching his comfort limit on being away from Narae. But aside from that, he was horribly angry with his group, maybe angrier than he'd ever been with them, and certainly he'd never fought with them all at the same time.

Well, he wasn't mad at Jimin. Whatever weird game they were playing, Jimin didn't seem to be a part of it.

How could they say those things? What was the point? Why were they trying to get to him?

Seokjin decided he no longer cared about consequences. It was only BTS that would suffer and right now he was pissed at BTS, so what did it matter. He decided to start the car and make his way through to reception, never mind if she was done checking in or not. He needed her.

As he drove round and was ushered in by the bell-hop team, Seokjin continued to rail, and his thoughts were making him uncomfortable.

He trusted those guys. If he'd come to any of them with such a prank idea, he knew how they would react. They might laugh for a moment, talk through with him how it could work, but ultimately, he knew they would say no. It was a dumb prank, without purpose.

Donning his mask, Seokjin got out of the car, exchanged his keys for a valet slip and found the lift up to reception.

If he took away the possibility of it being a prank, then what was left? They believed it was the truth.

Seokjin felt better as the lift ascended. He thought this might be to do with his gaining proximity with Narae, but also that he preferred the idea that all his members had gone mad rather than being deliberately unkind to him.

He got out to the lift, but his phone buzzed in his pocket. It was her.

- Room 408. I'm on my way there. Come quick please. –

Seokjin rejoiced. She must be needing him too. It wouldn't take him long now. He sent back a message telling her he'd already parked the car and that he'd be with her in a second.

- Now I have your number, I'll be stalking you too. –

He added for good measure.

The main reception was busy because it was checkout time, but most people were just milling around by the front desk. Seokjin walked steadily across it, keeping his head down and his walk calm so as not to attract any attention. All it would take was one person and the whole hotel would know. He really didn't care at this point, but it would make leaving much easier if the hotel wasn't swarming with journalists when they departed.

When would they be leaving? In his mind, he'd thought they might spend most of the day here before taking her back to the apartment to meet the boys. Well, that was out of the question now. They wouldn't be meeting her until they'd apologised, no, grovelled, and then maybe spent a year thinking about what they'd done.

His heart was thumping. The discomfort from leaving her for too long was starting to weight him down. He needed to get to her soon.

Seokjin could send someone to collect his keys and take her back to his apartment. Or they could go to wherever she lived, although obviously his place would be better for security if they were going to be there long term. Wait, was he getting ahead of himself?

He'd made it across the lobby and was waiting for a lift to take him up to their floor.

Where were their marks? It bugged him that this question was resurfacing in his mind. Maybe they showed up without you feeling them at all. But, that wasn't right, weren't they supposed to tingle slightly? That's what people always talked about in films and songs and stuff. No matter, he was sure theirs would be there. He'd just have to find them!