16

—— NEXT NIGHT

—— NEXT NIGHT

( we got Mr Sunghoon to finally crack Chohee's dumb shelled brain. )

This morning Jay and the others left the house, I was the only one remaining in sunghoon's house. You know a day between us two best friends.

I recently woke up from my nap, I tiredly made my way to the living room where Sunghoon was watching dramas on the tv.

"God damn that stupid park jongseong got me dizzy from all that bickering, screw that man." I cursed under my breath, I could see Sunghoon trying to keep in a laugh.

"Stupid man, so ungrateful though I saved him from drinking more. Alcoholic asshole." I rubbed my head, taking a seat next to Sunghoon on the couch.

SUNGHOON —-

She was still talking about him even though he just left this morning, yet she doesn't realize anything. Well, she's always been a bit oblivious when it came to realizing things, heh.

She keeps worrying about him, his drinking habit. I was shocked the day she called me over just to ask about Jongseong's back story.

Though she knew jongseong since middle school, ever since she met me in 5 grade. Not once have she ever found out that Jay's mom left in 2018.

She doesn't realize that she's worried about him, that him drinking and getting violent is concerning her. No...it's scaring her, it's causing her to fear. The person she fights with everyday and sees everyday is turning into a different person.

I turned my head towards Chohee, I wanted to let it out. For her to realize that she worries, "Chohee...did you ever wonder why you keep stopping jongseong from drinking??"

Chohee's brow raised up, "because he's an idiot who's ruining his life??"

"And why do you care Chohee?? Why do you care if he's ruining his life?" I questioned her seriously, say it Chohee. Admit it, admit that you care.

She looked down, her face still showed confusion. "I don't know, I just don't like it."

"Did you ever think that even though you guys hate each other for god knows what, that you might care for him...Did you ever think the reason you go and stop him from drinking is because you're worried??"

"Why would I be worried for that sewer rat?" Her brows drew in together.

"Come on Chohee, you have a brain. You're worried, you're worried he won't be the same anymore after drinking corrupts him, after he becomes violent. You don't want to lose the jongseong you have right now. You care about him Cho, you care about Jongseong and you better admit it." I pointed a finger, I swear Seo Chohee just say it.

"You're right, I do care. And you're right I don't want to loose Jongseong...who else will I have left to bicker and see everyday if that asshole goes completely out of it." She admitted, finally Chohee you god damn woman.

I knew it, I knew my best friend. I knew her intentions, I knew her actions and the reasons behind it. I can read her like a fucking book.

"You care??" I asked once more for confirmation.

"I care." She confidently admitted, oh Chohee love I know you do. You and park are a match made in hell. Two devils who gorgeously belong together.

CHOHEE —-

I didn't realize at first, but I don't know how Sunghoon seemed to get that out of me. How could I care for him, but he was right. His points were correct, I didn't want to see Jongseong become something that's not worth living. A filthy alcoholic who's destroying his life...but who'll make him stop.

It's no use...I feel like giving up.

"What made you realize that Hoon, how could you tell that about me."

"Oh baby...I can read you like a book. I can pinpoint exactly what goes on in your mind and your motive, don't underestimate me best friend." He grinned.

That damn bastard, I love him though.

——

Round of applause for Smarty pants Sunghoon 🐧