CHAPTER X.

chapter x

chapter x.

Kat and Charles were on set, it had been two months or so and they had just finished touch ups for their last scene scheduled for the day. The two were starting to get closer and closer both on screen and off screen, given her character was Reggie's love interest and the two of them had great chemistry even off set. They realized they had a lot in common and enjoyed each other's company, so they hung out frequently. Everyone on set could see it, especially Jordan. He tried to ignore it, pretend that their friendship wasn't potentially going to become more than that.

He had finished his own scene and decided to stick around set, mostly just walking Frenchie around and goofing off with whoever wasn't filming or getting makeup or hair done. He simultaneously couldn't stand what was happening between Kat and Charles, but also knew he needed to move on already. It had been 8 months, hell, they were almost done filming the season, and he still wasn't over it. He was more over it than he was when it first happened, but not nearly as much as he felt he should be.

Jordan was so in his head he didn't realize how slow he was walking until Frenchie jumped up, barking and trying to lick at his hand that was holding her leash. Jordan sighed, shaking his head in attempt to shake off his thoughts and kneeled down to pet the puppy. "Sorry, Frenchie. Here, have a lil' treat and we'll keep walking, how's that sound?" He cooed, earning an enthusiastic bark in return. He grinned, petting her head once again and getting up to walk.

Meanwhile, Kat and Charles were seconds way from starting their scene. It was a high tension scene, one where they would share their first on screen kiss. Both actors were nervous, and Kat couldn't lie, she hoped he wouldn't think she was a bad kisser.

"Okay, rolling, quiet on set," Roberto called. "Action!"

     Kat quickly ran down the steps that were outside of the Mantle house set, Charles chasing after her. "Remi, wait, please!" He exclaimed, closing the door fast behind him. He caught her right before she could start the motorcycle, placing his hands over hers on the handles.

     "Reggie, just leave it, seriously." She snapped, fumbling with the straps on her helmet. The fake rain was drizzling over them and the dark set, given it was meant to be a nighttime scene. Charles moved one hand to lightly push the helmet down, one hand going to her cheek only to be pushed away. "I told you, we can't do this."

     "Why? Because of Sweet Pea?" He challenged, his eyes staring deep into hers with a frustrated, yet determined expression.

     Kat sighed, "yeah, Reggie. 'Cuz of Sweet Pea, 'cuz of Fangs, Toni—"

     "Toni and Cheryl are dating! Toni won't care, Fangs probably won't either. I think he and Keller have the hots for each other, anyways." He said, cutting her off. "Rem, please. Just— what is it about Sweet Pea that's holding you back? I know he's your friend, but what he thinks shouldn't matter!"

     "It's not that easy, Reggie! He was my first love, and he's my best friend!" Kat exclaimed before taking a deep breath in, "If it were anyone else, he wouldn't care and I know that. He just— he has some weird grudge against for who knows what and it's unfair, I know. But, he's been there for me through thick and thin, he's never judged me or turned me away, and I know that doing this could potentially drive him away because of his grudge and it's like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place." She explained, a tear slipping down her cheek as she looked up at the man. The way the fake moonlight was reflecting off her skin mixed with the rain in her hair did a number on Charles, he couldn't believe how beautiful she looked.

     He had to act confused, and stared at her with an unreadable face. "What do you mean, "by doing this"?" He asked. On cue, her hands traveled up to his chest.

     "This." Was all she said before pulling him in by his varsity coat, and placing her lips on his. The kiss was scripted to last about 15 seconds, she counted in her head before she pulled away. Charles had to act stunned, though it wasn't a complete act.

     "Oh," he mumbled and Kat chuckled, her hands still hanging onto his jacket.

     "Cut!" The director yelled, assistants running with towels to throw around the actor and actress to dry them off. "Great job, guys." They both thanked him before going off towards their trailers.

     Unbeknownst to Kat and Charles, Jordan was near the set and saw the whole thing. He knew when they did the table read that this scene was coming, but he didn't expect to see it. Yeah, they were in character and he knew it, but that part of him that suspected something going on between them was telling him otherwise. "Jesus, Jordan. It's part of our job, calm down," he thought to himself, knowing he was being ridiculous. He was very aware of his actions and feelings and why he needed to reel it in, but in that moment he was struggling to do so.

     Elena and Arya were waiting in Kat's trailer. They had been visiting her again for a few days, they liked to fly out every now and then. "Hey girl! How was it?" Elena asked, looking behind her to see if Charles was in sight.

     Kat couldn't wipe the grin off of her face, "it was great! The scene was so angsty, so much tension. And the kiss? Eeek! 15 year old me would have lived for that." All three girls chuckled, all of them had been fanfic girls once upon a time.

     "So, spill the deets! How was the kiss? Was it good? Awkward? Mediocre? Steamy? Come on, tell us!" Arya jokingly exclaimed. Kat's face flushed a light shade of pink.

     "It was really good, dude. Like, I was so worried it was gonna be awkward and we'd have to film it a bunch of times, but the whole thing just flowed and was smooth as butter." She told them, earning cheeky grins from both girls. "Stop it! We're just friends, and coworkers."

     "And Remi and Reggie were just classmates and kinda enemies, now look at them, kissing and shit." Elena shot back, the brunette shook her head.

     "I hate you,"

     "I know, I love you too!"

aaaaand she's back from the dead (again)
i know i said i'd be more active when i graduated but honestly a girl needed a real break from writing😭 but im starting to actually get back into the grove now, and i have so many ideas for this book that i can't wait for you all to see! thank you so much for your patience, love you all <3

—aaaaand she's back from the dead (again)i know i said i'd be more active when i graduated but honestly a girl needed a real break from writing😭 but im starting to actually get back into the grove now, and i have so many ideas for this book that ...