CHAPTER XIV.

chapter xiv

chapter xiv.

The next morning, Jordan was awoken by movement on the other side of the bed he was in. He squinted his eyes and saw the back side of a tan, dark haired girl as she put on a robe and got out of the bed. For just a moment, he almost thought it was Kat. He blinked a few times as he thought about the night before, remembering that it was not in fact Kat, but Lucy, the girl he met at the bar. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, then glancing back at the girl who was now looking his way.

     "Good morning sleeping beauty," she said with a small grin.

     "Good morning," He responded. "What time is it?"

     The girl grabbed her phone off of her bedside stand and checked the time. "Ten after 11." She told him. He hummed in response as he ran a hand through his hair, looking around for his phone which was on the bedside stand on his side, and plugged in. "Oh, I plugged that in for you last night. I woke up a little after we fell asleep and plugged mine in, saw yours and thought I might as well plug yours in too." The woman told him as she walked over to her vanity which was across the room from the bed. She dug through one of the top drawers and pulled out a scrunchie before throwing her hair into a pony tail.

"Thank you— Lucy, right?" Jordan asked, wanting to make sure he wasn't mistaken.

"Yeah, Lucy. And you're welcome, Jordan." She responded, sending him a quick smile through the mirror. Jordan looked around and saw his boxers on the floor, he mentally thanked his drunken self for leaving those closest to the bed. He quickly snagged them from the ground before slipping them on and getting out of the bed. He searched for the rest of his clothes, which were scattered around the room along with Lucy's. He got dressed and briefly noticed the girl glancing his way as he pulled his shirt over his head.

Jordan hadn't had a one night stand in quite some time, since before he and Kat met. However, he remembered how the awkward mornings after typically went. This was different though, it wasn't all that awkward. It was odd, for obvious reasons. Not awkward, though. "I take it this is your place?" He asked, looking around at the white colored walls that contrasted well with the light grey carpet and curtains. The whole room fit the color scheme; it was very well designed.

     "Yes it sure is. We had a rock, paper, scissors contest to decide who's place we went back to last night," the raven haired girl recalled with a chuckle.

"Sounds about right. It's a very nice room, though. You have good taste," He compliments, taking another look around the room. She thanked him as she got up and walked over to her closet, presumably to change. "Here, I'll step out so you can get dressed." He said, grabbing his phone and other belongings and existing the room, closing the door behind him. He walked down the hallway until he found her living room, admiring the decor as he walked. The entire house matched her bedroom, it was a beautiful house in his opinion. He stood around looking at the photos and large clock on the wall as he waited for her to come out. He didn't want to just make himself at home incase she wanted him to leave, but he also didn't want to just take off and be rude.