10 : fever

"Are you alright?"
Jungwon asked out of nowhere as he shifted his chair closer to Hwayoung.

This was supposedly a question for Hwayoung to ask him not, the other way around — him asking her.

However, Hwayoung was not feeling quite well today.

She felt exhausted and mentally drained...

Immediately after physical education class, she felt way lighter than usual and her head was spinning like crazy.

"Yeap!"
Hwayoung lied since she was a therapist.

She was the one who should care about others and not, others caring about her.

"Are you sure? You don't look too well-"

"Let's just complete the project right now. We should be able to finish it by today."
Hwayoung cut him in.

Jungwon paused and he took a deep breath before he nodded his head.

For the next two hours, he noticed Hwayoung either about to fall asleep or not focusing.

Her face looked a little paler than usual, her lips were dry and cracked and little sweat bubbles formed on her forehead.

"Hwa-"

"Let me excuse myself first, I need to go to the toilet."
Hwayoung's voice croaked as she slowly stood up.

"Hwayoung, I can finish the project for you. You do not have to stress-"

"Jungwon, it's project work, not individual work. It would be unfair if you-"
Before Hwayoung could even finish her sentence, she went unconscious.

"HWAYOUNG!"
Jungwon caught her in his arms.

"Wait... Why are you so warm..." Jungwon muttered when he touched her burning forehead.

"Why didn't you tell me that you had a fever..."
He sighed and carried her in bridal style to his bed.

"I will go get you a doctor."
he said after he placed her down gently.

{{ }}

"Doctor, are you sure that she just has a high fever and nothing more, right?" Jungwon asked for the second time.

"Yes. Just feed her paracetamol and she would be fine afterwards. Let her get more rest and ask her to drink more water. The reason why she fainted is due to dehydration and lightheadedness. Do text me if she needs an MC for tomorrow."
The doctor told him and left.

"Hwayoung..."
He sighed as he neatened her hair cautiously.

Jungwon then lowered down to her eye level and just stared at her while his hand was tracing her dandelion clip continuously.

Her eyelashes were soft-looking, her eyebrows were neat and straight, her nose was petite as cute and her lips were the colour of soft red.

Her beauty was mesmerising...

"So adorable..."

Jungwon was not able to comprehend the reasons as to why he was able to calm himself down by just the sight of Hwayoung sleeping.

"You look better like this. The therapy sessions of you were so boring, except for some. Maybe, if you had just done therapy like this..."

Jungwon put his face closer to hers and whispered in her ear,

"It would have been much better."

{{ }}

"Ugh... My head..."
Hwayoung groaned as her hand supported her head up.

When she woke up, she saw Jungwon...

He was lying his head on the table that had worksheets piled around him.

"What happened..."
Hwayoung let out as she got up from the bed.

"That's sweet."
Hwayoung noticed the blanket that was neatly tucked on her.

"Jungwon..."
She gently tapped on his shoulder but, it seemed like Jungwon was already deep in sleep.

Hwayoung then bit her inner lip and noticed her finished project work on the table.

"He finished on my behalf-"
Hwayoung gasped.

"What time is it right now?"
She hastily looked around for a clock.

"4.25am..."

"I need to leave soon."
Hwayoung told herself when she squatted down to Jungwon's eye level.

"You are so pretty."
Hwayoung exhaled as she admired his ethereal-like features.

His looks were beyond this universe.

"How can one be so fine..."
Her breaths panned his face gently as she got closer to him.

Her finger gently traced over his sharp features.

His eyebrows, his nose bridge, his cupid's bow and his lips.

His lips...

When her fingers touched his lips, she immediately paused.

Thoughts rushed through her mind vigorously when the more she looked at his lips that were slightly apart from each other.

"Jungwon, did you have your first kiss yet?"
She looked up at his eyes and back at his lips again.

She was so tempted.

Too tempted...

She then got closer to him until both of their faces were centimetres away from each other.

She looked at his eyes once more and was about to place her lips on his but, the sudden thought of Sihyo stopped her from doing so.

"Sihyo loves him dearly, how could you do that, Hwayoung, you fucking idiot!" She scolded herself internally and was about to pull away when Jungwon suddenly shifted his head a little and...

Their lips made contact with each other.

Hwayoung's eyes widened in shock while she felt butterflies in her stomach.

His lips were so soft and warm that they managed to calm all of her nerves down.

Hwayoung immediately took a step back and gasped as she touched her lips with her fingertips.

"Did I just kissed him- Did I just-" Hwayoung gasped and quickly ran out from the room.

Just at that moment, Jungwon blinked open his eyes.