Chapter 21: Louis POV

I was a sobbing mess. I can’t believe it. Everyone knew. Everyone knew that I was Romeo. Harry probably hated me. The school probably thinks I’m even weirder because I was in a way just outed to my class mates. Now everyone knows about my stupid crush on the most popular guy at school. How had I gotten myself into this mess.

As I pondered the question, another question immediately followed. How had Zayn known I was Romeo??? Suddenly I was very angry. Niall had told Zayn. Even after promising he wouldn’t, he told him. Just as the thought crossed my mind, the man of the hour showed up.

“ Louis, are you okay???” he said rushing to my side. he tried to hug me, but I pushed him away.

“ How could you!?!” I exclaim. He looks confused. “ How could you tell Zayn that I was Romeo!!!”

“ Louis I didn’t tell him. I promised I wouldn’t and I didn’t.” I looked up at him, his expression soft and I knew it was the truth.

“ Louis, oh my God what happened. I heard the whole thing, but how did Zayn find out about it???” I shrugged not really knowing what to say at this point.

“ C’mon Louis, lets get you home.” Niall says slowly pulling me to my feet. Liam didn’t question  Niall’s niceness. he simply came around to my other side. They pulled me away and Liam drove me home, Niall in his own car, followed.

---

I never cried this much in my life, with the exception of my family’s funeral. Liam and Niall had stayed with me all night. I stayed cooped up in my room, to emotionally drained to move. Liam cuddled with me while Niall brought me food and more tissues when I needed them.

I stayed like this all weekend and when Monday came around I was dreading it. So much that I actually talked my uncle into letting me work the whole day. Of course he agreed, so now I’m sitting at the booth, trying not to burst into tears every few minutes. It was mostly empty. I laid my head down against the bar. My thoughts drifting to the memories of Friday. The worst part was seeing Harry’s disappointed face. He probably hated me so much. I felt the water works fast approaching again. I sobbed quietly into my arms, trying my best to calm myself.

“ Lou???” said the person whose voice I was dying to hear yet didn’t want to see.

“ Go away.” I tried to say but it was incoherent due to my sobbing.

“ Lou please, we need to talk.” Harry said. I felt his hand on my shoulder. My body relaxed into his touch. I sniffled once more before looking up at him. What I saw was quite surprising. His usual bright eyes were dimmed with sadness. He had dark bags under his eyes and he was paler than usual.

“ Harry you look terrible.” I whispered.

“ I know… it’s just I couldn’t sleep much knowing you were in pain…” he looked down at his hands before returning his gaze to me. “ I’m really sorry Louis, I’m sorry about what Zayn did and I’m sorry I ran off when we kissed.” I felt the tears starting to prick my eyes again. I turned around not wanting Harry to see me like this. I was such a mess.

“ Louis, Lou I… it’s hard to explain… I feel kinda stupid about this whole ordeal.” He was growing closer. Suddenly two strong arms were wrapping themselves around my waist. I turned to see Harry had climbed over the bar and pressed himself against me.

“ Harry I know you’re sorry, but I just feel hurt. I really didn’t mean to kiss you that night it just kinda happ-”

“ Louis its alright. I mean I kissed you back.” he said, nuzzling his head into my neck. “ Lou I should tell you something.” he lets me go and turns me so I’m facing him. “ Ever since our chance encounter in this very booth, I kinda can’t stop thinking about you.” He pauses before saying, “ I think I may be in love with you.”