Chapter 17: Louis POV

Harry Styles was wearing my bracelet, MY BRACELET!!!

To be honest, I really wasn’t expecting this. I actually had a pang of jealousy when he had first brought it up. However, as he told me more about it, he made it seem like he was talking about me. I mean, I’m pretty sure I was the only one who slow danced with him that night. Not to mention the fact that he had put flyers all around the school saying he was looking for his Romeo. As far as I’m concerned I was the only drama nerd stupid enough to dress as Romeo.

But the bracelet, the bracelet just confirmed it. Harry was looking for me and he didn’t even realize it. This had to one of the craziest things that has ever happened to me.

I was sitting at the booth like usual, contemplating what to do next. I couldn’t tell him, that’s for sure. It would make things too weird. I'm barely gaining his trust, only to lose it once I admit I was his Romeo. He probably wouldn’t believe me anyway.

“ Louis!!!” I heard a shout from the distance. I couldn’t really see anyone since it was dark, but once the tall, lean figure made it into the first few rays of light I knew it was Harry.

“ Harry???” Once he arrived, he stood before the booth, trying to catch his breath.

“ Louis… you said… that… the… bracelet…” he gestured to the bracelet between pants, “ looked… familiar???” Oh no why did I say that???

“ Yea erm it does but…” What can I say now??? “... I can’t remember on who.” I said lamely.

“ Are you sure Lou this is really important???” He was staring at me with those beautiful eyes, so filled with emotion. “ Lou please, are you sure you don’t know???” He leaned in a bit closer trying to get me to say something.

I don’t really know what came over me but I couldn’t help it. I closed the gap between our faces and pushed my lips onto his. It was a small peck at first, but Harry put his arms around my neck pulling me in for more. I complied and kissed him back just as hard. I WAS KISSING HIM!!! I put my hands in his hair, pulling gently on his curls. The stupid bar was still in the way, but I didn’t mind. Just as I was about to deepen the kiss, Harry pulled away. He had a look of shock on his face.

“ Lou, Louis… What just happened???” he asked. I blushed, what had just happened???

“ I erm I don’t know…”

“ I need to go.” He looked up at me and I looked away. Great going Louis, you just made Harry hate you. “ I just need some time to think some things over.” He gave me a small smile before he left.

Why do I have to be such an idiot??? The only chance to be a friend to Harry and I just ruined it. I huffed and hit my head on the bar multiple times.

“ Why do I have to be so stupid.” I said into the night air.